• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get me to a snipery!

28 posts in this topic

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Arrgh!

What's everyone's favorite snipe software? I lost two nice CGC Batmans in the last 5 seconds of the auction. Notice two bids coming in at the same time. I could have been upstairs watching Colbert... frustrated.gif

That's nice that you are comfortable with the confession, but not sure anyone really wants to know that....,

That's nice that you are comfortable with the confession, but not sure anyone really wants to know that....,

...why?...there's no dishonor in sniping?... confused-smiley-013.gif...

Sean,

I am a fan of bidnip (www.bidnip.com). Don't make the same mistake I did the first time -- avoid software-based sniping systems such as Merlin's AuctionMagic. Ebay updates their interface regularly, which means the snipers have to upgrade their software to account for the changes. If you haven't updated your software in time, your snipes won't go off and you'll be SOL. Bidnip is web based, so you never have to upgrade software. It works great, too, and you pay by the snipe only if you win. cool.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Arrgh!

What's everyone's favorite snipe software? I lost two nice CGC Batmans in the last 5 seconds of the auction. Notice two bids coming in at the same time. I could have been upstairs watching Colbert... frustrated.gif

Sean,

I am a fan of bidnip (www.bidnip.com). Don't make the same mistake I did the first time -- avoid software-based sniping systems such as Merlin's AuctionMagic. Ebay updates their interface regularly, which means the snipers have to upgrade their software to account for the changes. If you haven't updated your software in time, your snipes won't go off and you'll be SOL. Bidnip is web based, so you never have to upgrade software. It works great, too, and you pay by the snipe only if you win. cool.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Arrgh!

Ditto...gave up on AuctionMagic. yay.gif

Sniping??? Oh well, in that case, nevermind.

Sniping??? Oh well, in that case, nevermind.

Geez Mike you've got a dirty mind and yes, that had me thinking

a little too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gifcloud9.gif

...nothing beats the thrill of doing it by hand in the last 3 seconds tongue.gif

cloud9.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifblush.gif

cloud9.gif indeed..., thumbsup2.gif

Just bid the absolute highest you'd pay and leave it. What ever happens, happens!
yeahok.gif Yeah been there done that lost those auctions. If you actually want a book then use a sniping program

Just bid the absolute highest you'd pay and leave it. What ever happens, happens!
yeahok.gif Yeah been there done that lost those auctions. If you actually want a book then use a sniping program

This is why I love not having a wantlist. cloud9.gif

I use 2-3 'free' ones and enter the same item in multiple times this way the delay between bids does not hurt me. As always put in the max you will pay. I think this is the true "key" to winning, cause if you have a higher number you are almost always going to get it.