• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y the Last Man

236 posts in this topic

If anyone is interested here is the ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6547977823&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks again

Lame auction. They're only auctioning off 16 books, not the whole run. It's still a good deal if you need those specific issues, but not if you're looking for all the books.

For whatever reason, I had never bought or even flipped through any of the "Y, the Last Man" comics. Based on all the praise the series has gotten the past few years, I'd felt like I was the only comic reading person left who hadn't taken the plunge.

Well last week I found myself at a local book store without any decent new paperback releases to be found. So I took a chance and got a copy of the new Y #1 - TPB release. So now I'm hooked and have read the first 3 trades this past week...and just popped a bin for the next 3 trades on ebay.

So yeah, it's good......well paced, thoughtful, and even does a nice job of being fair to both sexes.

Hmm, I wonder if they started putting diapers on all those DC gorilla stories would they start to sell more copies(go ampersand!!!!!).

You know, I'm dying (haha) to know the cause (ie the ending). But I don't want the frickin' thing to end. You just don't get many books this good.

From what Vaughan said awhile ago, it was supposed to end at #60. That means there is about 1 year left of books. No!!!!!

Machina isn't too far away either. Supposedly about #40. That leaves a bit less than 2 years. Seems like a lot less people enjoy that book though. But I really like that book too.

Pat

I havent got into it but I heard its pretty good.

Great,

now I need to change the thread title to Bluto, the next to last, guy to read Y the Last Man. tongue.gif

Uhm...

I hate to tell ya, but I've never flipped though a Y book yet either.

blush.gif

Hey guys!

Got a scan of the trade vol 1?

That would be the begining right?

Best place to start. grin.gif

Maybe I'll see if I can pick one up next trip to the LCS.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I havent got into it but I heard its pretty good.

Great,

now I need to change the thread title to Bluto, the next to last, guy to read Y the Last Man. tongue.gif

Uhm...

I hate to tell ya, but I've never flipped though a Y book yet either.

blush.gif

Bluto the Last Man to read Y the Last Man sumo.gif

Cause I don't know what these chumps are...they may be chimps for all I know. stooges.gif

I've said it on these boards more than once, VERTIGO has mastered the finite series genre ! ! ! ! One artistic team with a clear vision of where they want to end up in 60-80 issues. I hate to see them goes as much as the next person, but I also am pretty confident that Sandman #200 and Preacher #150 would SUCK

• Preacher
  • Sandman
  • Y
  • Lucifer
  • Fables

I wonder what series will be next to join the list hi.gif

I've said it on these boards more than once, VERTIGO has mastered the finite series genre ! ! ! ! One artistic team with a clear vision of where they want to end up in 60-80 issues. I hate to see them goes as much as the next person, but I also am pretty confident that Sandman #200 and Preacher #150 would SUCK

• Preacher
  • Sandman
  • Y
  • Lucifer
  • Fables

I wonder what series will be next to join the list hi.gif

I did buy and read the 1st 30 issues of Fables, but the newness wore off and I dropped it. I've read about half of the Sandman issues.

I have yet to touch a Preacher or Lucifer book. So whose version of hades am I going to???????