• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y the Last Man

236 posts in this topic

Only got thru a couple pages and then people showed up to my house (damn time monopolizers!). Liked what I had read upto that point. Will finish tonight. Looks allright though. I've had enough time to (almost) forget about the disappointing previous arc.

Chris

As some of you know I am now reading Frankenstein by Shelly, during the introduction of the book her last book "The Last Man" pup 1826-seems to be the idea that the comic is based on, so I was wondering to the creators give her the credit for this, or is it a basic theft of an orginal idea by Shelly? confused-smiley-013.gif

It's mentioned in a recent issue. 18 I think. The observation is made that Shelly never clearly explains why the plague takes out all the men. She focuses instead on the result as a social commentary. I have never read the book so I wouldn't know.

Anybody read the "Player Profile" on Eagles Linebacker D'hani Jones?

One of the questions is, "What's curretnly on your Reading Table/Bookshelf?"

He responds with a few books, includidng DiVinci Code. But, he also lists "Y: The Last Man". Go Yorick! yay.gif

Good question....I almost pulled the trigger on a Y set of #1 to #26 earlier tonight that ended at $63, which is probably not a terrible price. But then I though of how I could get all 3 of the 1st TPBs(something like #1-36) for maybe $30 or less...depending on the seller.

Anyway, as to your question...if you've already got #1-4 and want the rest then spend whatever you want to....but if I didn't have those earlier issues I'd wait to find another auction where they are included. It will be cheaper than buying the single issues.

And yes, I'm probably one of the few collectors left who have yet to read a Y issue. The $$ for modern books will only go so far.

Well, since I don't have any issues except the current one I think I'll pass and see what else comes along.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes all I need is for someone to think the same way I am about something to help make up my mind. There are other moderns that I would rather have at this point.

If anyone is interested here is the ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6547977823&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks again

Good question....I almost pulled the trigger on a Y set of #1 to #26 earlier tonight that ended at $63, which is probably not a terrible price. But then I though of how I could get all 3 of the 1st TPBs(something like #1-36) for maybe $30 or less...depending on the seller.

Most of the value in that $63 is in the earliest issues.

You could get the first three trades used for half that (I just sold the first three for maybe $15-20 total)