• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Convention Hall

92 posts in this topic

Thanks for a great VCC everyone!

Post your ideas for guidelines here in this thread. We're always looking to improve the format!

What parts did you like? What parts didn't you like?

Did you like some of the new technical things that were shown? Did Sellers who didn't have scans get your attention or do you need to see the books?

(Sellers, don't forget to hit REPLY to your own post so you can SAVE YOUR CODE to your local computer.)

I had a very good time at the VCC. Picked up a couple of nice books. I liked the booths that had direct links to PM's, otherwise I had to scroll to the sellers id above his or her avatar to go to their profile and send a pm from there. I am curious to see how many buyers found the stuff in their WTB lists and how many sellers read the WTB thread before stocking their booths. Thanks to all the people behind the scenes organizing the VCC.

Casey

i liked it a lot also.it was my first time trying all of that damn HTML *spoon*,and it sucked,and i must have edited my booth about 60 times,didnt sell much of anything.....but it was fun thumbsup2.gif

thanks a lot guys,already starting on my next booth insane.gif

Post your ideas for guidelines here in this thread. We're always looking to improve the format!

Did you like some of the new technical things that were shown? Did Sellers who didn't have scans get your attention or do you need to see the books?

(Sellers, don't forget to hit REPLY to your own post so you can SAVE YOUR CODE to your local computer.)

The only thing I didn't like was that my ability to edit ended before the con did. A lot of the action and discount sales happen then and it hampered my ability to fascilitate that as smoothly as I'd have liked to.

Hopefully, we can brainstorm that problem for a smoother finish next time.

Overall though, another successful VCC. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to all who organized and participated! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I love meeting new people. The VCC did that in both selling and buying.

Maybe we could come up with a flyer for the Cons. Then people could distribute them to their local LCS'. If we can get a lot more people from outside the boards, it would really benefit the sellers.

Pat

While I like the idea of more people buying, it also opens up the doors to more random NPB's as well. But then again, I can't fathom anyone making an account just to jerk someone around for a few days.

The only thing I didn't like was that my ability to edit ended before the con did. A lot of the action and discount sales happen then and it hampered my ability to fascilitate that as smoothly as I'd have liked to.

Hopefully, we can brainstorm that problem for a smoother finish next time.

Overall though, another successful VCC. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to all who organized and participated! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That problem we can fix! thumbsup2.gif For the next one, I'm going to "open" the Virtual Convention Hall at 1030 PM EDT on Friday night. Voila, problem solved!

What about a thread that is set up to "advertise" your wares? This, combined with the "who's where" post on page 1, could help buyers be more targeted in their search. Obviously we want folks to look at all the posts but if you're in a rush at the beginning of the Con, and you've seen something you like in the pre-Con Advertising thread, and you know what page that seller is on, then you can go there first and then leisurely search the rest of the Con. Just a thought.

Nice event!! A lot of very nice Golden Age books that I was really surpirsed didn't get snatched up. I spent double what I sold but I am happy to fill a spot for Paratrooper and Old Man. Congrats to all the big sellers (especially Greggy who did it without many "big-ticket" items). And the fastest sell-out had to go to Dee-Dee who put up the SOLD-OUT sign too fast for words. Nice art will do that!!

Thank you very much to the organizers and all the sellers involved and all the work you guys put in. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I thought it was excellent with an incredible selection of books in all grades and

eras. Great work you guys!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Can't wait for the next one and hopefully I won't owe a big Vet bill.