• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

I'm right around 8500-9000.

I'm trying to inventory them all now but it is a daunting task. Working on selling some too but it's hard to part with them.

I'm trying to inventory them all now but it is a daunting task. Working on selling some too but it's hard to part with them.

I have so many I gave up on inventorying. :tonofbricks:

I have about 15 long boxes and a closet full of unopened Star Wars and Super Powers and Masters of Universe back at my parents house in Houston.

Here in California i have about 400 foreign key comics as its my new focus. Dad basically bought me everything in the early mid 1980s. We added an extra closet onto the house just for my comics and toys in 1992.

i tihnk I must have 6 or 7 ASM129s they were pretty cheap in the 80s

That is the problem parting with them i know the feeling!

Sold off my collection of about 20 long boxes of silver/bronze in 2002, and just got back into collecting about a year ago.

My first goal was to rebuild my early bronze Marvels, 15-20 cent cover prices between 7/69 and 4/74. I've got about 65% of the issues within that time frame for every non-reprint super hero title, which is about 400 books. I've also got about fifty 12 cent ASM's that I building a 1-74 run out of.

So in total, about 450 right now.

going to look at 65 long boxes from a ad i called about. likely some 70's to 80's with the rest being 90's or newer.. but after we spoke he did tell me he had other Gold, Silver and Bronze not in those boxes if i wanted to see them. wish me luck.. collection may grow quickly if i pick these up.

I did have 15 short boxes, started collecting in 1987 then stop around 1995, then started up again in 2005 but sold off the collection 2 months ago as I'm moving to another country next year so I'm left with 230 comic books. Kept high grade books, pedigrees, keys and books that had sentimental value to me.

My collection is somewhere about 2,000 - give or take. Mainly SA, some like about 50 GA and at least 800 BA and Moderns in boxes, Also have maybe 70+ graphic novel HCs (DC Archives, Tracy, Archie Archives, etc). Offset to collection I also have manga collection about 500+ volumes. And over 20+ small statues. Oh, and have 8 slabbed.

Haven't finished my intervorty but I have about 100-140 SA/BA Little Dot titles, 100+ Richie Rich SA/BA, @150 SA/BA DC/Marvel comics. I like to focus on specfic titles to collect. When I'm done with my total - will know exact what I have there.

Used to had almost 17,000 comics in long boxes in the '90s but sold them away to switch for high grade focused titles.

I sell at shows so I have my show stock but not counting that and just my personal collection I am putting away probably about 400. But it seems like it is always changing and growing as I continue to find covers I love. Really love our collectible that is comics. :whee: