• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You get ONE comic book for life, pick it...

68 posts in this topic

Have to go with this book. It can take up some time.

1766796-BoneHC1.jpg

Man I love that Bone book, but hard to pick between that and the Life and TImes of Uncle Scrooge when I want to hook someone on good non-superhero stuff.

mm0140.jpg

I would have guessed that would be your second choice... sorry.gif

well, the way I figured it is I will only have the one book, so if I am going to read it again and again, I would just as soon have more Batman to read than the Tec 27 provides.

Make sense?

I'll go to my room now... sorry.gif

In the same vein as Comicdonna thumbsup2.gif, I can never get tired of staring at this cover. My baby. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

2-12-07015.jpg

WOW!!! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

If someone ever published the complete works of Carl Barks.......

Ditto. If forced to pick one book now I would go with one of the Another Rainbow Barks sets. The complete Bone volume would be a close second.

this one didn't say GOLDEN AGE comic---therefore, i go with the greatest comic ever written, ASM 33.

Blasphemer!!!! sumo.gif

Tough call, for readibility some of the MLJ's. Don't have issue/title #'s cause I haven't read through them all. But definitely an MLJ book.

In the same vein as Comicdonna thumbsup2.gif, I can never get tired of staring at this cover. My baby. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

2-12-07015.jpg

As far as Action's go, I really like that one......I'd be happy with a nice solid VG.....anyone, anyone....I'm allowed to have more than one comic....

Have to go with this book. It can take up some time.

1766796-BoneHC1.jpg

That's a great story! thumbsup2.gif I have the 9 individual TPB's & I actually pulled out #1 recently - I've had the urge to re-read it. It's been a couple years. Great choice!

As far as Action's go, I really like that one......I'd be happy with a nice solid VG.....anyone, anyone....I'm allowed to have more than one comic....

There was a 7.5 with white pages that was listed on Clink last week. That thing was scooped up in milliseconds.

Ditto. Hands down, the best single, self-contained comic book story I have ever read. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You mean besides Watchmen, right? poke2.giftongue.gif

Hard for me to pick 1 book. Sandman #13 comes to mind (the "Hobbes" issue), ASM #10 (I had the Masterworks when I was younger and really liked this one).

Now, if they did a Preacher Absolute Edition.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or an Absolute Moore Swamp Thing... cloud9.gif

2-12-07015.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif And I believe it was comic of the month on the CGC website.

I saw that book in VG condition I believe recently on ebay. I wonder if anyone on the boards picked it up. If i was an Action Comics/Superman collector, this would be in my top 10 wantlist.

I only get one comic for life that's easy , Fantastic Four # 55 !! I know it ain't Golden Age but that book sure brings back memories. Riding in Dad's red convertible on a beautiful summer day in 1966 , stopping at the corner grocery store & buying Spider-Man # 41 & FF # 55 with it's Haunting purple background on the cover while the Thing & Surfer squared off , don't get much bettter for me.

OHH!! & that Lee, Kirby, story & art inside!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

And my Dad , I miss him. As I 've said before , I can pick up a comic & tell you Memories. & they are Precious & they can't be sold , but they are cherished !! cloud9.gif