• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would this SHOWCASE #4 CGC 9.6 sell for?

112 posts in this topic

Is there really anyone that would pay $100K + for this book?

gator

Absolutely. I think this book would get bid up around $225-250K. Whether the current owner would set the reserve higher than that is the question (and I think he would).

gator

Absolutely. I think this book would get bid up around $225-250K. Whether the current owner would set the reserve higher than that is the question (and I think he would).

wow...I am a GA kind of guy, but I had no idea that kind of demand existed for a Silver age book...

gator

gator

wow...I am a GA kind of guy, but I had no idea that kind of demand existed for a Silver age book...

gator

If Eric Roberts ever sells his CGC 9.6 copy of AF#15, then you'll see some serious demand for a silver age book. I believe that book could sell for up to $500K.

gator

gator

If Eric Roberts ever sells his CGC 9.6 copy of AF#15, then you'll see some serious demand for a silver age book. I believe that book could sell for up to $500K.

wow, I can put a run of action comics 1-100 together for that price, and still have a down payment on a house!

gator

gator

gator

wow, I can put a run of action comics 1-100 together for that price, and still have a down payment on a house!

gator

Not if the run is in CGC 9.6 you couldn't.

gator

gator

gator

Yeah but not a high grade run. Only 1 9.6 AF 15 in the census of the most popular comic book character right now. Plus there are plenty of spidey fans out there with deep pockets. I dont think 500K but 350-400 wouldnt shock me

gator

I whole heartedly agree with FFB, Amazing Fantasy # 15 are plentiful, this is not.

If this comic took 225-250k then wouldn't it be the record for a cgc sale? I think the current record is held by a 9.6 Captain America 1.

The Pay Copy of Marvel Comics #1 supposedly sold for $350K to Jay Parrino.

How do you substantiate this number? I personally think it would be far less for a Silver Age comic with 6 other copies in 9.4...

Jim