• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MZ vs. AoD #3 cover

34 posts in this topic

It looks like a homage to Superman vs. Spider-man to me. The building is very close. Even Ash's hand pose is similar to Supermans. They may have told Suydam to alter the replication in an effort to not provoke DC (lawsuit potential?).

Pat

If Supes vs Spidey was his intent, he missed the mark considerably. By far his worst cover ever as a swipe.

It looks like a homage to Superman vs. Spider-man to me. The building is very close. Even Ash's hand pose is similar to Supermans. They may have told Suydam to alter the replication in an effort to not provoke DC (lawsuit potential?).

Pat

That makes sense. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not to mention, Ash can't fly. Kind of hard to put him in Superman's spot.

Not my favorite rendition. But his building is pretty frickin' cool (reminds me of the towers in Crisis on Infinite Earths).

Pat

Not to mention, Ash can't fly. Kind of hard to put him in Superman's spot.

Not my favorite rendition. But his building is pretty frickin' cool (reminds me of the towers in Crisis on Infinite Earths).

Pat

So why all the birds?

Why have Wolverine at his feet?

Why have Spidey look like he's doing ballet?

I still don't buy that its a swipe of that cover. screwy.gif

Just got this email

Hi Anthony, and thanks for writing!

You guessed it, and well done!

All the best,

Arthur & Nicole

On 5/8/07 11:23 AM, "Carpenter, Anthony" <acarpenter@spencerian.edu> wrote:

Mr. Suydam,

Is the new cover paying homage to the superman vs. Spiderman treasury edition with the square off on top of a skyscraper?

Wonder if you sent a e-mail asking if it paid homage to Daredevil #238 you'd get the same response?
I was thinking the same thing. Like a PR firm was hired to draft it.

Wonder if you sent a e-mail asking if it paid homage to Daredevil #238 you'd get the same response?
I was thinking the same thing. Like a PR firm was hired to draft it.

well which cover is it then lok as you aren't satisfied with multiple sources including the guy who actually painted the book saying it's the supes/spidey cover yeahok.gif

why don't you try it then? I would give you his website address but the fact there is probably a web designer and it's not suydam himself building the site, Lok will say it's not a reliable source.

Just got this email

All the best,

Arthur & Nicole

Mr. Suydam,

Is the new cover paying homage to the superman vs. Spiderman treasury edition with the square off on top of a skyscraper?

We got a similar email... But they also added how great CGC is and how much they love us. They also asked if we knew some Anthony Carpenter guy who keeps harassing them and if we could nicely ask him to stop standing outisde of their kitchen window with a Marvel Zombies #1 to sign. poke2.gif

Just got this email

All the best,

Arthur & Nicole

Mr. Suydam,

We got a similar email... But they also added how great CGC is and how much they love us. They also asked if we knew some Anthony Carpenter guy who keeps harassing them and if we could nicely ask him to stop standing outisde of their kitchen window with a Marvel Zombies #1 to sign. poke2.gif

flamed.gif

Just got this email

All the best,

Arthur & Nicole

Mr. Suydam,

flamed.gif

sign-funnypost.gif