• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

super-con june 2

31 posts in this topic

I'll be there. smile.gif Just added a couple new guests, both comic and media, and we are working on programming now. For anyone who needs a hotel room, remember Thursday is the last day to get the special rate at the San Jose Marriott.

I'm also starting to get in the various takes on Frank Cho's pencils by various inkers. Pretty amazing how the same pencils can spawn so many different takes by an inker. On that note, can someone tell me how to post an image with my post? I can also put scans up in my CAF gallery but more fun to put them up here.

Hope to see many of you at the show. Best, Steve Morger.

I'll be there. smile.gif
I hope so poke2.gif

If you want an easy way to post pictures go to photobucket.com. and open a free account. They let you upload the pictures, generate an img code and bob's your uncle (Hopefully I'm using that in the correct context) (I'll have to ask the next englishman I see).

I'll be there with Fantastic Comics peddling my garbage and being loud and obnoxious grin.gif

Also appearing at an artists alley booth courtesy of FC is artist Jason Eden.

You can view his CAF gallery here. (SLIGHT NUDITY WARNING!) Jason Eden This will be his first Con ever!

I'll be going to the show. I will be driving up from L.A. Anybody know what there is to do in San Jose? I've haven't been up that way in over 10 years.

With a car, you'll have tons of options. Near to the convention center, there are a number of restaurants and clubs. San Jose has a number of museums (tech, Rosacrusian (sp?) [Eqyptian art, mummies, etc.]), the Winchester Mystery House, a number of good comic shops (as an example, Heroes and Lees but there are a number more -- FYI, almost all of the comic shops in the south bay will have a presence at Super-Con).

You can also drive up to SF, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, depending on what you want to see. Not sure if there are any sporting events going on then in San Jose but either the Oakland A's or Giants should be in town on any given date.

A good place to look for events is www.sanjose.org and similar sites. See you there. Best, Steve Morger.

How long of a drive is it from SFO? I am flying in for a business meeting Sunday early afternoon. I think I arrive just before 2 pm and should have my rental car shortly thereafter. Don't know if I can get to the convention center in time to see anything before the show closes at 4:00 though -- especially if dealers pack up early. I'm mostly just interested in OA.

With a car, you'll have tons of options. Near to the convention center, there are a number of restaurants and clubs. San Jose has a number of museums (tech, Rosacrusian (sp?) [Eqyptian art, mummies, etc.]), the Winchester Mystery House, a number of good comic shops (as an example, Heroes and Lees but there are a number more -- FYI, almost all of the comic shops in the south bay will have a presence at Super-Con).

You can also drive up to SF, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, depending on what you want to see. Not sure if there are any sporting events going on then in San Jose but either the Oakland A's or Giants should be in town on any given date.

A good place to look for events is www.sanjose.org and similar sites. See you there. Best, Steve Morger.

It would be a function of traffic but it's about 30-40 miles from SFO to San Jose. Bigger question would be how long it takes to get the rental car. Never had to rent there since I'm local but once you get your car, it's pretty much freeway all the way to San Jose and the convention center is just off the 87. Probably be good to get directions from one of the mapping online services. If there is anything in particular you're looking for, let me know. There will be a number of people with art in attendance (Albert Moy, Alan Bahr, me although not planning on bringing much since I'll be dealing with show stuff, and others).

In conjunction with Super-Con, Frank Cho provided us with a gorgeous jungle girl pencil piece which is being inked by various established artists. I've posted the first five that I have scanned in at http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41382. I have others from Tim Vigil and Mick Gray that I will be posting as I get them scanned in. Others will be rolling in over the next few days so be sure to check back. These will all be offered for sale at Super-Con next weekend. Best, Steve Morger.

In conjunction with Super-Con, Frank Cho provided us with a gorgeous jungle girl pencil piece which is being inked by various established artists. I've posted the first five that I have scanned in at http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41382. I have others from Tim Vigil and Mick Gray that I will be posting as I get them scanned in. Others will be rolling in over the next few days so be sure to check back. These will all be offered for sale at Super-Con next weekend. Best, Steve Morger.

talk about some nice work!

As previously mentioned, the inked Cho jungle girl pieces in my comicartfans gallery will be sold at auction at Super-Con. The pieces can be seen here: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41382 . Note that Frank's original pencils will not be sold.

There will be a number of other pieces that will be added as I get them from the likes of Bill Morrison, Ray Lago, Mark Texeira, Joe Rubenstein, John Painz, Atula Siriwardane, Al Gordon, Steve Leialoha and few others. Hopefully I will have scans before show.

For those who cannot attend Super-Con, I will accept e-mail proxy bids on any of the pieces up until Saturday evening/Sunday morning. I will also try to post the current high bid on each piece as I get the time. The high proxy bid will be the opening bid at the auction.

If you want to bid or have questions, please e-mail me at smorger-at-comcast.net. Many thanks and hope to see many of you at Super-Con this coming weekend. Best, Steve Morger.

As previously mentioned, the inked Cho jungle girl pieces in my comicartfans gallery will be sold at auction at Super-Con. The pieces can be seen here: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41382 . Note that Frank's original pencils will not be sold.

There will be a number of other pieces that will be added as I get them from the likes of Bill Morrison, Ray Lago, Mark Texeira, Joe Rubenstein, John Painz, Atula Siriwardane, Al Gordon, Steve Leialoha and few others. Hopefully I will have scans before show.

For those who cannot attend Super-Con, I will accept e-mail proxy bids on any of the pieces up until Saturday evening/Sunday morning. I will also try to post the current high bid on each piece as I get the time. The high proxy bid will be the opening bid at the auction.

If you want to bid or have questions, please e-mail me at smorger-at-comcast.net. Many thanks and hope to see many of you at Super-Con this coming weekend. Best, Steve Morger.

It would really be interesting to see what would happen if a handfull of professional colorists colored each inked piece. The combinations & different final variations from the single original pencils would be really cool to compare side-by-side. Educational even. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve,

This SuperCon is really going to ROCK!

I would urge anyone reading this to attend if at all possible!

The line-up of guests is incredible, and the vibe will be great.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

Regards,

Lee