• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goon: Satan's Sodomy Baby...where is it??

107 posts in this topic

what's so special about this again?

sign-rantpost.gif

Why, this is the book that you want Mother to buy for her young son.s first comic.

Can't you just see it now? Remember the 893censored-thumb.gif that happened when that one Mom read her son's Spawn books? Just think what this book could do for the comic industry!

It's as bad as the Jeffery Dalmer vs. Jesus Christ book. foreheadslap.gif

why DH ever published this book is beyond me, I am surprised there has been no backlash yet. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

Why, this is the book that you want Mother to buy for her young son.s first comic.

Can't you just see it now? Remember the 893censored-thumb.gif that happened when that one Mom read her son's Spawn books? Just think what this book could do for the comic industry!

why DH ever published this book is beyond me, I am surprised there has been no backlash yet. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

The front cover might be a SMALL tip off to the "mom" in your analogy.

Frankly if the mother can't read the cover well enough to read what she is buying then she might have trouble dialing the phone to call anyone to cause an uproar.

Chris

sign-rantpost.gif

sumo.gif

Nobody cares anymore. The fundamentalist loonies have all moved on to videogames.

The people still buying comic books are already corrupted beyond hope.

The people still buying comic books are already corrupted beyond hope.

That's not necessarily true. Goon comic buyers, yes. But not all comic buyers.

I made a special trip last Wednesday to visit my big city LCS to get a copy. No luck! Christo_pull_hair.gif Went Thursday to my local LCS and they had a few. I've bought every other Goon comic since #7 (Hellboy crossover) so I was determined to get a copy. Plus, this is the first new Goon story by Powell in a loooooooooooong time.

It was short and crude, but fun. I just wish they had done more with the ending. Franky really hasn't gotten to use the "knife-to-the-eye" bit in a while now and the this story was begging for it. I need to read it again.

Patiently waiting for Chinatown..........

Patiently waiting for Chinatown..........

Me too. Should be a good one.

I wish Powell would do an Atomic Rage One-Shot. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

I was hoping he'd make an appearance in Goon Noir. They should have gotten someone like Bruce Timm to do a story (since the art is in the Jack Kirby style).

27_laughing.gif Well my copies of SSB finally arrived yesterday, and I just made the mistake of reading it at my desk at work devil.gif

I laughed out loud several times, and had to pretend I was on the phone with a customer to avoid getting strange looks from my co-workers 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll reiterate what most have said....the book is hilarious, but a bit too short on the main story.

hail.gif I loved it though cloud9.gif

Yeah,

I just stopped by my LCS and they've only sold like 1 so far. There's about 20 or so on the shelf.

Why would you not buy them?? I think about 20-30 persons on this board have stated they can not find them at there local LCS. Just buy them.

Yeah,

I just stopped by my LCS and they've only sold like 1 so far. There's about 20 or so on the shelf.

Yeah, I'd be interested in 5 or 6 to offset the cost of s&h. I ordered 4 from my LCS, but it seems CANADIAN LCSs won't get them according to the staff of one LCS who told me adult material cannot be shipped to CANADA from the US...

Yeah,

Why would you not buy them?? I think about 20-30 persons on this board have stated they can not find them at there local LCS. Just buy them.

EDITED: THE BOOKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO FORUMITES ONLY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: Cheap @#%$& SATAN's @*%*# Baby Copies

I just got my order in from TFAW...when I saw how many people could not find them I ordered up 30 copies bagged and boarded from them just before they sold out.

With the bags and boards and shipping to me it cost me $4.15 a copy.

Any list who needs them can have them at cost plus shipping and paypal fees (if they pay that way)...and that way I break even and everyone who wants a copy can get one. I would like to avoid dealers grabbing them all so be prudent in how many copies you ask for and I reserve the right to apportion them to try and help as many folks as possible.

I don't want to get in trouble for shipping these overseas so I don't know how we are going to handle it if you live in a country that has banned this book.

PM me and I will set it up...I will probably put a thread like this in the FS section of CGC too.

Best,

Chris

Yeah,

I just got my order in from TFAW...when I saw how many people could not find them I ordered up 30 copies bagged and boarded from them just before they sold out.

With the bags and boards and shipping to me it cost me $4.15 a copy.

Any list who needs them can have them at cost plus shipping and paypal fees (if they pay that way)...and that way I break even and everyone who wants a copy can get one. I would like to avoid dealers grabbing them all so be prudent in how many copies you ask for and I reserve the right to apportion them to try and help as many folks as possible.

I don't want to get in trouble for shipping these overseas so I don't know how we are going to handle it if you live in a country that has banned this book.

PM me and I will set it up...I will probably put a thread like this in the FS section of CGC too.

Best,

Chris

I did the same (but didn't order near that many). For those that ordered some from me, I will ship them out tomorrow. thumbsup2.gif