• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dad&Son's Pressing Project ( follow up to Joeypost's project )

178 posts in this topic

I am proud to say that I love the cartoon, have watched a ton of episodes with my daughters.. AND plenty without them. I'm very secure in my admiration and appreciation for the sponge... great stuff.

sumo.gifheadbang.gif

1794354-Hulk-Boblg.jpg

Isnt Spongebob on now poke2.gifstooges.gif

WTF foreheadslap.gif

sorry.gif

I seriously hope you don't watch that... screwy.gif

I do, Patrick is one funny character 27_laughing.gif

Show us the X-rated one that Bug did tongue.gif

shouldn't you be practicing how to sit next to an alcoholic beverage without knocking it over?

poke2.gifstooges.gif

I mastered that at Wonder Con. Didn't break any glasses this time as well. acclaim.gif

shouldn't you be practicing how to sit next to an alcoholic beverage without knocking it over?

poke2.gifstooges.gif

I mastered that at Wonder Con. Didn't break any glasses this time as well. acclaim.gif
that's sad!
You try not drinking for most of the year and then loading up on American style free pour drinks. Pretty tough because you're an alcoholic stooges.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif

that's sad!
You try not drinking for most of the year and then loading up on American style free pour drinks. Pretty tough because you're an alcoholic stooges.gif
I don't drink and american beer is water.

poke2.gifstooges.gif

that's sad!
The beer is water but not the mixed drinks cloud9.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif

that's sad!
How strong can a drink be if it has a pink umbrella in it?

poke2.gifstooges.gif

that's sad!
How strong can a drink be if it has a pink umbrella in it?
Stronger than the same one in Canada

I've found it almost impossible to follow this debate.

My only question is whether there has been any discussion about an online database of high resolution scans? Heritage's database is currently almost indispensable for tracking comics, but their incentive is not necessarily to provide a free service to the hobby and it could get closed down at any moment.

I think the idea behind NOD is admirable, but IMO an online database of _all_ comics worth more than $XXXX is the only realistic way to keep undisclosed pressing/restoration under control. If such a public service was available, I would instantly contribute scans of my whole collection so that they could get "time stamped" to the benefit of future potential buyers.

tb

that is a great idea. I'd say it would be nigh impossible to carry out, but it's a great idea.