• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of a kind HIGH GRADE BOUND af15 asm1-? on ebay

33 posts in this topic

The seller (I believe his name is Kevin, forget the last name) has had this up on eBay episodically over the past several years. Used to have it priced at $29,999; now it's priced at $37,999. I think realistically it's valued around 12 - 15K, but it would take a buyer who doesn't mind trimming. Heritage seems to do well with bound volumes - I wouldn't be surprised to see it there in a few years. I doubt it will sell via eBay. He may be using it as an advertisement for his web-based comics business.

The seller (I believe his name is Kevin, forget the last name) has had this up on eBay episodically over the past several years. Used to have it priced at $29,999; now it's priced at $37,999.

I think realistically it's valued around 12 - 15K.

Yes. You're right on with your estimate.

This begs the question: What would you rather have? AF15, ASM 1-100 each in Good condition or these bound volumes?

I'll take the individual issues every time. But - I'm also a fan of cool things like this.

Uh, excuse me Mr. MoonDog, but exactly who and what is going on in your avatar!!!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

And whomever she is, and whatever she's doing, how do I get one!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

it is awesome, isn't it smile.gif

They have been attempting to sell this on eBay for over 3 years now...with no interest.

Obviously a 'must-have' item... yeahok.gif

Very amusing. I started shopping for comics on eBay about 3 years ago and I first saw this auction back then and thought it was really cool, but wondered if he would get that much for them. Every couple of months it pops up again, and now he's back once more, running the exact same auction for about the 20th time without even changing the wording, and still no takers. He must have really overpaid for these himself and figures eventually he'll find a sucker with a ton of money to blow so he can get his money back. Has anyone every emailed him to ask why he doesn't budge on the price? You would think 3+ years of regular eBay listings would tell him that the volumes are either overpriced or he is using the wrong selling forum. Would he possibly get close to that much consigning to Heritage or someplace else?

At least my avatar's are real. Those are so obviously fake, they don't even move.

Now, that being said. Nice angle.

27_laughing.gif

Mark, the girl is some Internet tart that has a big following (or at least did at one time). My buddy used this as his avatar and I finally got it to work here (had to cut a %^$# load of frames to make it small enough). The original is very cool in slo mo.

27_laughing.gif