• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underground Comix

199 posts in this topic

There is a forum to ask CGC about questions like that. I have a book which was a file copy from Don Donahue and signed by him on the back cover. I submitted a copy (not the original ) of the letter from him stating it was a copy he owned since 1968. CGC noted it as a file copy on the label. They also went ahead and lowered the final grade for the writing on the back cover (the signature). I got a 9.2 instead of what I thought would have normally been a 9.4 grade for the comic.

b/c the signature is on the front cover the book will be given a green or "qualified" label (assuming, this is, that they still do that). CGC will not certify that the signature is valid b/c it was not able to witness the original signature. an example in u-comix was the CGC 9.6 FEDS N HEADS 1st signed by Shelton.

i suspect if you submitted the COA with the book that it would also get a "file copy" designation.

but i will be testing this myself with at least one of my Mowry-salvaged Plymells later this year.

BTW... congrats on your CGC 8.5 ZAP #2 Eggs! what a wonderful book to have and one that i am looking forward to acquiring this year. if you have an undercopy that you are looking to move be sure to PM me!

Best, Om

Correction. I meant Mustang Sally, early version of Cherry

what are the mustang sally appearances in u-comix?

1973... that is pretty sweet! :applause:

I'm excited about it! It just arrived and is posted on CAF :headbang:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=359370&GSub=21823

If ya want to read the whole story I found this nifty link:

http://l337.info/bakersfield/

A couple early early Welz Cherry-esque stories appeared in "Tuff Sh_t" and "Bakersfield Kountry Komics", and are reprinted in the Cherry V1 TPB. Plus there's "Funnybook" (1971), which is Cherry's first appearance.