• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pressing

16 posts in this topic

I would scan some of the previous threads in this subsection of the forum. Joeypost and Dad&son had some really interesting threads going on how they did some at-home pressing projects.

How would I safely press a comic at home.. What equipment would I need..? Any suggestion or help would be most appreciated.

FYI.. I'm doing this just on my comics from my personal collection.

Why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif The eternal question . . . grin.gif

How would I safely press a comic at home.. What equipment would I need..? Any suggestion or help would be most appreciated.

FYI.. I'm doing this just on my comics from my personal collection.

THEN YOU HAVE" HIGH GRADE BOOKS I AM SELLING ON EBAY!!!!!!!!"

WTF!!?????!!!!! poke2.gif

I understand your curiosity, OP, but I would NOT suggest trying this.

While pressing can - in some cases - actually EXTEND the life of a book and enhance not just the look, but the strength of the paper, it isn't something that should be attempted without training in conservation.

Many years ago, I tried do-it-yourself pressing projects on a favorite SA and GA book, and the damage done to them by my most careful efforts was extensive. (Staple pulls & paper degeneration were just two of the after-effects.)

Btw, I wasn't sure at first what the BlowUpThe Moon link was all about, but once I got it, I laughed.

Very funny!

Im interested in some of your books on ebay.Can you say for sure that they havent been pressed.A serious question from a serious buyer.

Can anyone ever say that for sure? Unless the books are from an original owner collection, and are only now being brought to market for the first time, how would one know for sure?

Im interested in some of your books on ebay.Can you say for sure that they havent been pressed.A serious question from a serious buyer.

confused-smiley-013.gif I wish I never ask the question in the first place..

I still don't know how to press and if I did I won't try to sell them without disclosure..