• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spinner Racks...

116 posts in this topic

...are they worth anything? I have one in my living room, but no longer have room for it...so I'm just wondering if I should try to sell it...or just give it away. It's white, five sided, and has the "Wholesome Comics Entertaining", "Comics Merry-Go-Round",

"The Best In Comics", "Comics For All Ages", and "Hey Kids! Comics" signs at the top. 5" tall.

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks, Court

There is probably a boardie that will buy it. put it in the for sale with a picture. I have seen a few sell.

if it's vintage, i suspect rather a bit more than 200 bux, if past auctions are to believed. a six foot black one sold on eBay on May 31 for 187.50 plus freight...

...are they worth anything? I have one in my living room, but no longer have room for it...so I'm just wondering if I should try to sell it...or just give it away. It's white, five sided, and has the "Wholesome Comics Entertaining", "Comics Merry-Go-Round",

"The Best In Comics", "Comics For All Ages", and "Hey Kids! Comics" signs at the top. 5" tall.

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks, Court

I wonder what shipping would be...

I have been looking for one for a loooooong time. I had my mother run an ad in her small town newspaper hoping one would pop up and asked my LCS to pick one up if they ran into one at auction.

Maybe try a trade with your LCS? They always seem to need spinner racks or better yet donate it to a library where they can place TPBs and write it off! thumbsup2.gif

I've been looking for one as well. They're pretty cool in a nostalgic way. thumbsup2.gif

(But they're pretty expensive... and you might need to get some parts for it. I think the washers don't hold up too well.) I helped a friend who has one repair the one he had.

I've got a nice spinner rack for sale. 60" tall, I believe. It's in great shape and squeaks a bit when you turn it, but otherwise, there's no rust or damage that I can see.

I can't ship it though, since it's assembled. However, if anyone would like to pick it up from me in Pacifica, let me know. I'll sell it for $200! I could use the cash!

spinner01.jpg

spinner02.jpg

Here are pics of my spinner rack. From what I understand, this is a very popular one? Seems most people recognize it from childhood. Anyway...I'd prefer not to ship it, so if anyone wants to pick it up in San Diego, I'd take $150 for it!

Spinner1.jpg

Spinner2.jpg

Spinner3.jpg

I've got a nice spinner rack for sale. 60" tall, I believe. It's in great shape and squeaks a bit when you turn it, but otherwise, there's no rust or damage that I can see.

I can't ship it though, since it's assembled. However, if anyone would like to pick it up from me in Pacifica, let me know. I'll sell it for $200! I could use the cash!

spinner01.jpg

spinner02.jpg

This one looks like the one I have. Does it have a solid round black base?

No, it actually doesn't have a base. So it doesn't even spin. Honestly, I just bought it and threw it in the bedroom. If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for $100. You just gotta pick it up.

All the drug stores here in Indiana had similar spinner racks when I picked out my comics as a child in 1979-1980. But I specifically remember that even the largest K-Mart store here had two spinner racks of comics in 1980--the racks were at the front of the store, right across from the check out lanes. What is really cool is that this K-Mart also had an arcade room during the heyday of Pac Man around 1983, and you could exchange $1 for tokens to use for the games. How sad that the comics racks and the arcade room didn't last longer!

Michael

No, it actually doesn't have a base. So it doesn't even spin. Honestly, I just bought it and threw it in the bedroom. If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for $100. You just gotta pick it up.

Why did you say it squeaks when you turn it if it doesn't turn?

I'm actually interested in both the racks. Maybe I should drive out to Pacifica one of these weekends...

and................SOLD!

Thanks, Shin!

Thanks! I've been looking for these old style racks for a while. Glad to find some owners on the West Coast.

Why did you say it squeaks when you turn it if it doesn't turn?

I'm actually interested in both the racks. Maybe I should drive out to Pacifica one of these weekends...

Hey Shin, it actually squeaks when you move it around - that's where I remember the sound from. If you're seriously interested, I could possibly drive it out to the Concord area tomorrow. But I'd want an extra $15 for gas and toll =P

Let me know via PM if you'd like me to bring it over.

HPIM0128.JPG

I bought one of these from Araich - they are wickedly cool. It is now sitting in the "kids" section of my local LCS on loan, holding tons of Archie and kids books for little kids to pull through. They've got a nice little kids section set up there - they have the rack, some beanbag chairs and stuff.

I bought one of these from Araich - they are wickedly cool. It is now sitting in the "kids" section of my local LCS on loan, holding tons of Archie and kids books for little kids to pull through.

That's the nicest thing I've heard in a while. thumbsup2.gif

I bought one of these from Araich - they are wickedly cool. It is now sitting in the "kids" section of my local LCS on loan, holding tons of Archie and kids books for little kids to pull through.

That's the nicest thing I've heard in a while. thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif

Are you back or just doing a drive by?

And it is nice. My LCS just moved to a new shopping center in the far western DC suburbs and there's a zillion kids always coming by. I joke with them that they should hire my two kids as models, as when I go there and shoot the *spoon* with the owners, my kids fall into the beanbag chairs and read comics in front of the windows. The store has kids in it ALL the time. thumbsup2.gif