• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could choose 1 comic book

57 posts in this topic

All the really great iconic war covers seem to have been on Superman, not Action.

I couldn't disagree more...

What Jeff said, plus a few more...

All great wars covers Zipper & nearmint. Two of my favorites are missing though, 44 & 48. Maybe thedude can post his copies.

I think the draw with the Actions compared to the Superman title are the scarcity of the Action war covers while most of the Superman war covers are fairly easy to find. Both titles have their share of classics though!

Thanks Steve and Jeff for reminding me how much I love those issues of Action! And for putting them all back on my want list! 893applaud-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif Now you've done it Steve & Jeff! Now we have to compete with the mighty ciorac for Action war books. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thanks Steve and Jeff for reminding me how much I love those issues of Action! And for putting them all back on my want list! 893applaud-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif Now you've done it Steve & Jeff! Now we have to compete with the mighty ciorac for Action war books. Christo_pull_hair.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

Some of those Action war covers are incredible. That'll be the next en vogue thing to collect!

So Tec #31, then #35....

27_laughing.gif

Some of those Action war covers are incredible. That'll be the next en vogue thing to collect!

So Tec #31, then #35....

thumbsup2.gif

All the really great iconic war covers seem to have been on Superman, not Action.

I couldn't disagree more...

What Jeff said, plus a few more...

All great wars covers Zipper & nearmint. Two of my favorites are missing though, 44 & 48. Maybe thedude can post his copies.

these two along with #63 are my favs.

ActionComics44.jpg

ActionComics48slabbedver2.jpg

So Tec #31, then #35....

If you're able to get two books, thats the way to go. If you can only get one, I'd put the 35 before the 31. The 31 is the better book, but the 35 will sell for a larger multiple of guide price. gossip.gif

So Tec #31, then #35....

If you're able to get two books, thats the way to go. If you can only get one, I'd put the 35 before the 31. The 31 is the better book, but the 35 will sell for a larger multiple of guide price. gossip.gif

Thanks, and that's assuming they are approx same grade and eye appeal, which is a big supposition.

I don't understand why #33 is on the top of this list. Given the following choices:

Any Action 18 up - Most VF or better

Any Detective 31 up - Most VF or better

TEC #33 is the biggest key. And, the cover was so cool, they waited only a year to rip it off instead of waiting until 1970 or so like the #31.

I'm not sure why Action # 23 in highest grade isn't showing up on anyone's list...I still feel this is a sorely underappreciated book.

If I had to pick two books, I would go with Tec 31 and Action 23.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif It may be underappreciated, but if you had a VF copy of Action #23 and a VF copy of Tec #35, which one would you take?

The census shows that Tec #35 is a much more scarce book in HG.

And I didn't realize Tec #33 was so pricey in the guide. Would anyone take a #35 over a #33 in the same grade?

Not me Brent, I'd take the 33 all the way.

Then I guess it would just come down to which copy is higher grade/has better preservation.

Perhaps. But the true "stud" book of the two is the 33. 35 is "in vogue" right now, and has been before, but it is based on the cover. 33 has an awesome cover, and mucho bang for your buck on the inside. 27 and 33 go together like cake and ice cream. cloud9.gif

Seems like killer covers rule. Tec 31 and 35 are highly sought after for their covers and Splash page (35). Although it's the 2nd most pricey Pre Robin Bat cover, the 33 seems to be underappreciated. It's cover is great I think, but Origin issues seem to take a back seat to iconic covers. 33 also seems to be easiest to locate at this point then 31 or 35. C-link has 2 copies and Metro has 2 as well...there are no 35 copies on the market to my knowledge (outside of the copy that just went on the QualityComix auction). I personally like the 35 slightly over the 33. thumbsup2.gif

hello all...

bang for your buck right now?...tec 31 then tec 35, with tec 33 sadly 3rd (tec 36 is a distant 4th, followed by action 23)...

bang for you buck over time...tec 33 then tec 31 (trust me, high grade tec 33 are just as scarce as high grade 31 or 35)...

the first tec I bought....tec 33 (and I could have bought 31 or 35 or 36 at the time)

rick