• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

Savor it boys n girls, it won't last long.

Well, if you`re ever interested in picking up the 9.6 #15, let me know. The only other 9.6 copy, previously owned by me, resides with the "mystery buyer".

Oh, and thanx for your support, Tim (I assumed your mystery buyer snagged the #3).

No, I think he bought the copy that sold on Pedigree a while back.

Got any new books Rick??

I've picked up a filler here, an up-grade there. Priorities have changed in the last 3-4 months, John. Just finalized the adoption of our 4 kids in court today, so the foster care money is done. And that whole "being unemployed" schtick is starting to get old...so I'm forced to scale back & shoot for only the key-key books I need. Or at the very least make someone else over-pay for them.

:hi: everyone.

Rick

???

hm

Rick

Had this for a while, just managed to post it now.....Ok, it's a 4.5, but it's MY 4.5 :cloud9:

fe1f9f8e.jpg

JLA 1 are awesome! :headbang: I need one for my collection someday.

I love the cover of this book (worship)

My favorite part has to be placing Aquaman at the head of the table.

...Aquaman...?!

Rick

Had this for a while, just managed to post it now.....Ok, it's a 4.5, but it's MY 4.5 :cloud9:

fe1f9f8e.jpg

JLA 1 are awesome! :headbang: I need one for my collection someday.

I love the cover of this book (worship)

My favorite part has to be placing Aquaman at the head of the table.

...Aquaman...?!

Rick

With that Atlantis cash, he was always picking up the check

Is JLA #102 scarce? I have spent years trying to find a NM copy of what Overstreet says is a very ordinary issue, but I have yet to see one in respectable shape. Is it just my bad luck, or have others found 102 to be a hard to get issue compared to say 101 and 103?

You are correct in your assumptions, sir! And even though this discussion involves early bronze issues, I'm still gonna help.

Here's the most current breakdown:

#101 - 53 copies / 22-9.6 / 6-9.8 ---last sale $379 7/10 for a 9.8

#102 - 25 copies / 9.9.6 / 1-9.8 ---last sale $190 2/10 for the 9.8

#103 - 15 copies / 1-9.6 / 1-9.8 /---last sale $85 9/09 for a 9.4

The info shows that though there are more of 101, they are still more sought after. But the cheap price on the lone 102 9.8 is due to...shall we say, negative eye appeal?

I need a high 102 & I didn't even bother bidding on it. Depending on your definition of NM or "respectable shape," you should have one in your possession soon.

Rick

Just finalized the adoption of our 4 kids in court today

:o Man, you don't do anything small, do you? Congrats!

Thanx Tim; they all came from the same Mother AND Father, so we got a quantity discount. ;)

So now, if I understand economics correctly, having four children permanently means I'll have more of everything, right? Money, time, energy, room for my stuff...suicidal dreams...uh, wait...

Rick

Just finalized the adoption of our 4 kids in court today

:o Man, you don't do anything small, do you? Congrats!

Thanx Tim; they all came from the same Mother AND Father, so we got a quantity discount. ;)

So now, if I understand economics correctly, having four children permanently means I'll have more of everything, right? Money, time, energy, room for my stuff...suicidal dreams...uh, wait...

Rick

Only if you get your own TV show like "Jon and Kate Plus Eight", but first you need to get a bunch more kids and then you need to become more of a slimebag.

"MORE" of a slimebag? Didn't realize my reputation preceded me.

OK, personal inventory time:

Shill bids - check

Non-disclosed pressing - check

Have drinks with Dupcak - double check

What am I missing guys? Something involving Comic Supply with me in a prostrate position? C'mon people, knowlegde is power!!

Rick