• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,062 posts in this topic

Gotta admit I'm stymied over how a title with as long a history as this one (and over-the-top sales) gets so little attention on the boards. Not unhappy...less attention means less competition...just a lil flustered.

OK, carry on.

I'll scan more of my JLA books in a few months time but I'm still working on scanning other titles that typically don't get as much attention. Not everything can be done at once.

;)

Hepcat, anything slabbed in yer homestead??? :)

Just a 9.2 Mystery in Space 75 undercopy on which I'm entertaining offers. I've cracked open every one of the dozen or so slabbed books I've bought over the years.

:grin:

Edited by Hepcat

I found the bidding to be very competitive on the JLA's today - I had my sights set on a couple in particular but wasn't able to come away with either...of course I didn't leave empty-handed in the end, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Yeah, some very strong prices for some really high grade copies. I thought the pick of the litter was the 9.4 #29, more so than some of the 9.6 and 9.8 JLAs on offer, as that is a tough tough tough book in HG, which is funny because it comes right after #28, which is one of the most common JLAs in HG, and #30, which is not particularly difficult in HG. I've never managed to own a NM copy.

Yes, #29 went up in the bidding quickly and I didn't even bother getting in a bid on that one. But you're right, that key issue was an important one to try and get...but I just wasn't willing to spend that amount of money on that issue then.

Tim,

Just out of curiosity, if you were to rank the JLA's that went up for auction, from most sought after to least, which 5 issues would you have ranked 1-5 (obviously from your comments the #29 is first).

Tim,

Just out of curiosity, if you were to rank the JLA's that went up for auction, from most sought after to least, which 5 issues would you have ranked 1-5 (obviously from your comments the #29 is first).

I'm not even sure there were 5 really standout JLAs, because I just can't get fired up over issues like 37 or 32, even if they're in 9.8.

I think 3 were fairly noteworthy:

1. 29

2. 11

3. 40

Oh Tim you're so jaded :grin:

Interesting though - as I'm much newer to collecting JLA's I identified 8 different issues that I would've liked to have won.

I am indeed. lol

That's why it's always good to have new blood in the hobby!

Don't get me wrong, there were lots of very nice JLAs in the auction, but the 3 I listed were the only ones I would've gone hard after if I were still collecting.