• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Avengers #4 (with bonus)

23 posts in this topic

Traded a few pre-Unity Valiants and some cash for this ten years ago. Got an "extra" with the book, so looking for your opinions on both the grade and whether you think the card was sent by "Stan & Jack" or just the secretary at Marvel Comics... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(scans enlarged - I hope!)

Avengers4b-front.jpg

Avengers4b-back.jpg

Avengers4bcard-front.jpg

Avengers4bcard-back.jpg

Traded a few pre-Unity Valiants and some cash for this ten years ago.

That was pretty dumb. Tell you what, I will trade you my Magnus 0 and $50 for it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Looks like a 9.0 at worst. Sweet book. blush.gif

edited for new scans.

Cool! Nice looking book. There appears to be some creasing around the staple just to the left of the "L" in "LIVES AGAIN". And a little damage and stress line in the bottom left corner of the FC. Other than that, it's hard to see anything of significance to detract from it.

Can't offer any help on the card, although whoever signed it, it's a unique item.

Well, as the card is written all in one hand, I'm pretty sure it's not from "Stan & Jack" - more than likely, it's from some underling like Ditko . . . 27_laughing.gif

Are we to infer that some dissatisfied Marvelite got a copy of Avengers #4 from the back issue dept. for $.20??? 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif Nice book to commemorate leaving lurking behind!

Looks like a 9.2 from where I sit. What happened to the card? I don't see it. Most likely Flo Steinberg signed it.

Which is pretty cool too! grin.gif

9.0 with larger scans sumo.gif

Mom taught me to respect my elders, but you guys are cuckoo. Besides the spider crease by Giant Man's foot and the larger one by the bottom, all I see on the spine is a non-CB ding by “Lives” and tiny, tiny, miniscule ones by Giant Man's hand and knee. Maybe on a real bad day a 9.0 but an 8.5? If I’m way off, please enlighten me.

Yeah, I'm going to go with 8.5 - 9.0 as well. Absolutely beautiful book there for being as old as it was. Bottom left corner color break, and the four corners aren't as crisp as I'd expect from a book higher than 9.2.

I was pretty excited today when I saw a copy of Avengers #4 in 3.0 - 3.5 in my LCS for only $25! You definitely got a bang up deal on this one!

I was pretty excited today when I saw a copy of Avengers #4 in 3.0 - 3.5 in my LCS for only $25!

For $25, I'm guessing it was the Golden Record Reprint...the cover looks identical but there's no cover price.

If it was the original, run back and get it! smile.gif

It's the real deal- and although I didn't buy it today, it's in my buy pile along with a handful of other amazing steals though not as good as the one Silverminer seems to have gotten with this one smile.gif

Mom taught me to respect my elders, but you guys are cuckoo. Besides the spider crease by Giant Man's foot and the larger one by the bottom, all I see on the spine is a non-CB ding by “Lives” and tiny, tiny, miniscule ones by Giant Man's hand and knee. Maybe on a real bad day a 9.0 but an 8.5? If I’m way off, please enlighten me.

Ok, Ok . . . a solid 9.0 wink.gif I'd be sending that one in before selling grin.gif

It's the real deal- and although I didn't buy it today, it's in my buy pile along with a handful of other amazing steals though not as good as the one Silverminer seems to have gotten with this one smile.gif

I'd go back pronto before your "buy pile" gets rifled! tongue.gif

Traded a few pre-Unity Valiants and some cash for this ten years ago.

That was pretty dumb. Tell you what, I will trade you my Magnus 0 and $50 for it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Looks like a 9.0 at worst. Sweet book. blush.gif

edited for new scans.

i'm thinking a 9.0, as well.................. thumbsup2.gif

i just LOVE this book............................................................... cloud9.gif