• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Board... Anything anyone likes so far?
2 2

298 posts in this topic

Threaded Pms(and the ability to have conference PMs) is pretty much the only thing I like about the upgrade.

That sums up the positive changes for me. I do appreciate that CGC is TRYING to improve this forum and make things better for us, but with such a radical UI it would have been less shocking if we had a beta site before hand to get used to all this and point out the bugs. Arch is superstar and knows what he's doing and I'm sure glad he is listening to our opinions and coments about this site and taking action. I guess I feel like I shouldn't have to look for the positive changes they should sort of leap out and make me say "This new CGC look is awesome" and this UI is not a step up IMHYWO.

Oh, one more positive change, I like the way you can preview your message before you send it.

Gonna take some time to get used to...feels a bit stiffer somehow. But I do like the new graemlins! :whistle:

how do we reach our pm's box?

i can't find it anywhere (in the "my stuff" section there isn't any mention)...the only way i seem tor each it is when someone sends me a pm (it's when the blinking letter appear)

regards

Russ

thanks for the PM

regards

but the grey background is killing my eyes. I can't handle being on the boards more than a few minutes. :(

I think the big question is...What is wrong with everybody's eyes???... :crazy:

but the grey background is killing my eyes. I can't handle being on the boards more than a few minutes. :(

I think the big question is...What is wrong with everybody's eyes???... :crazy:

Likewise...I don't have any problems with the boards affecting my eyes. Maybe it's time to check the old failing eyes. :cool:

Likewise...I don't have any problems with the boards affecting my eyes.

Then I bet they're screwed to begin with. Nope, they are just fine as long as I wear my specs :cool:

:D :D

seriously though... are you guys that are saying it hurts your eyes just exaggerating to make a point... or does it "really" hurt your eyes?

I'm not crazy about the color scheme either but it does not irritate my eyes at all. I do have a 3M Filter over my monitor to eliminate excess radiation and harmful light however

Lets take that off for a minute..............

nope... still doesn't hurt.

(shrug)

well... hang in there either way, sounds like other color options are on the way.

Maybe this is all a plot by the big dealers to ruin our eyesight so that they can pawn off F/VF books as NM....

In the land of CGC, the one-eyed man is king.