• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun #67 on Ebay...

333 posts in this topic

Once you press it, the color will break on every page of the book. Particularly on each of the humps.

that is what concerned me, and why I did not bid on it ( I think a vg copy would sell for $2500 easily)....I just bought a vg/fn copy from Marnin, and it is the only 67 I have seen for sale since last year (I just completed my more fun run, and it is a tough overall run to piece together)....it is quite a scarce book in general (easier than many Spectre MF's, of course), but in terms of more than 2 or 3 copies coming for sale in a year, I have not seen it?...getting a MF 67 is a great pick up (even in 2.0!), but I do think CComix is right (though I hope for Steve's sake we are wrong, as Jeffreykli states), and that there are going to be some visual/structural problems (I didn't ask matt though if he thought it could be pressed out, so maybe steve did)...

keep us posted!

gator

The Crippen copy in 4.0 sold at Heritage less than a year ago for 2,301.00 with the bp. In May, 2005 a 7.0 sold for 2,990.00, also with the bp. Still think a VG would "easily" sell for 2500?

Gentlemen.....your opinions please. Check out the penciled "P" in the "T" of the word "Torch". That sure looks like the "P" found on Pennsylvania pedigrees.

Your toughts ???

Where'd you find that ABC #8 scan? That's my book!

You're ubiquitous!

It does look like the Pennsylvania "P", but I can't imagine how a book from the pedigree would end up rolled up in a can since the 50s. The Pennsylvania books came to market in the late 70s. Probably a coincidence.

Gentlemen.....your opinions please. Check out the penciled "P" in the "T" of the word "Torch". That sure looks like the "P" found on Pennsylvania pedigrees.

Your toughts ???

Nice pick up Steve but $4,300? My copy was sitting on ComicConnect with a BIN of $4,750 just last night but I decided to delist it.

Your toughts ???

Nice pick up Steve but $4,300? My copy was sitting on ComicConnect with a BIN of $4,750 just last night but I decided to delist it.

When I get done with it, this price will be well justified :gossip:

Steve I was chasing it myself but stopped after about $1,500 as I saw another book that I BIN'd instead :banana: This book is a good pressing experiment and I wasn't prepared to pay over $2,000 for it because if I picked it up cheap enough it would have been flipped. Speaking of flipping I just sold my krappy Tec #35 for $1,500, $650 more than I paid for it. :acclaim:

The Crippen copy in 4.0 sold at Heritage less than a year ago for 2,301.00 with the bp. In May, 2005 a 7.0 sold for 2,990.00, also with the bp. Still think a VG would "easily" sell for 2500?

sory for delay in responding folks, spent 20 hours traveling yesterday from Fl to SDCC (we did NOT take the most direct route!)

to respond to the above....sure do!...the market has changed semi-dramatically in the past year alone and, I was not collecting MF when the crippin copy came to auction, or it would have not sold that "cheap" :) ....I paid $3000 for a vg/fn just last month ( a little more current info), so I would have happily paid $2500 for a nice VG....now, a gd or so that it is currently in, no, I would not pay $2500 (which is why I did not bid), but I understand Steve's desire to snag a book that he feels has potential if he can press to a vg or higher (and, the fact that at least one other bidder felt $2K was a good price to pay in it's current state, is also indicative of upwards pricing)...I did some research before I bought my 67, and like you, I really only found a few sales since 2005 to even base a buying desicion on, so that would indicate the general scarceness of the book and what I feel is easy acceptance at that price

just my opinion

gator

Steve I was chasing it myself but stopped after about $1,500 as I saw another book that I BIN'd instead :banana: This book is a good pressing experiment and I wasn't prepared to pay over $2,000 for it because if I picked it up cheap enough it would have been flipped. Speaking of flipping I just sold my krappy Tec #35 for $1,500, $650 more than I paid for it. :acclaim:

Maybe I should have made a stronger run for it when it was in the quality auction hm

Congrats Surfer!!!!! :banana:

sory for delay in responding folks, spent 20 hours traveling yesterday from Fl to SDCC (we did NOT take the most direct route!)

I am driving down tonight...picking up my ticket and attending preview night....driving back home...getting up at 6:30 in the morning (well thats if I can get my girlfriend up that early) and driving back (by the way its a 1 1/2 hour drive) :P

Not as rough of a trip as you gator but still pretty crazy!

Thats what I get forgetting to book a room for Wendsday night doh!

At least you guys are there - I was intending to attend this year but with a 2nd kid due on August 6th :wishluck: my wife was keen for me to stay in the UK doh!

congrats G...if it is a boy, Rick sure is a great name :)

gator

At least you guys are there - I was intending to attend this year but with a 2nd kid due on August 6th :wishluck: my wife was keen for me to stay in the UK doh!

gator

I concur... (thumbs u

gator

Peter sounds better. :baiting:

Yeah, yeah...

Rick and Peter are ok names.

But if you want a really GREAT name, I'd recommend Spurt Hammond. (thumbs u

It's a swell name for a boy OR a girl.

Promise me you'll consider it. :foryou:

Planet4GA-1.jpg