• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you read?

38 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, since a few years I have bought many Superheroes comic books like spider-man, Superman, Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, Four Fantastic and X-Men, I really enjoy them. I bought comics like The Order, X-Factor, Muties, Captain Marvel, Cable that I really don't enjoyed, I get then because I want to read something else, maybe something more that men or women with the undies outside....well women it's ok, anyways, in my search I get the series The Couffin and I really like a lot, then I get Fables and I don't like don't get me worng I like the concept but I don't like the blood and the sex in the first number, so I drop it, anyone has another Idea of what another comics could be interesting to read? Or what comics do you enjoy?

BTW, I read on the post that some of you guys don't read new comics why is that?

Thanks,

Edian

Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Elektra, X-Statix, JLA, JSA, Avengers, Captain America, Uncanny X-Men, New X-Men, Alias, Batman, Daredevil and probably a few more as far as modern goes. Over the last couple years I've read Silver/Bronze Age runs of Justice League, Tales of Suspense, Daredevil, Captain America and am currently reading Iron Man. (Up to issue #8 so far)

I guess I read a lot. grin.gif

Thor.

Thor/Vikings.

Black Panther was good.

Everything else new pretty much sucks. I've tried time and a gain to get interested in any of the X-Books, and it's just not happening - the thrill is gone.

We've had this post a few times, but seeing the last one was a few months ago and people tend to change their habits..here goes

New Comics :

Hellboy Weird Tales

Astro City Local Heroes

Smax

Supreme Power

Ultimate Spider-Man

LOEG V2

JLA/AVENGERS

Silver Surfer

The Crew

New X-men

Ultimates

100 Bullets

Hulk

Ongoing Series:

Hellblazer (one of my personal faves)

Y The Last Man (definitely one of the best books out there)

Catwoman (great book, love Cameron Stewart's art. Too bad he's leaving the series)

Batman

Powers (another one of the best books out there IMHO)

Fables

JSA

Limited Series:

JLA/AVENGERS

LOEG V2 (Alan Moore is the man)

Formerly Known As The Justice League

Born

I order a fair number of new books through Westfield, but I'm finding I don't actually read that many any more. They usually just get bagged and boarded after a month or two of sitting in the magazine size plastic bags they get shipped in.

I do read Global Frequency and Ultimates though. (And the Powers, 100 Bullets trade paperbacks.) The Ultimates I'm really reading for the artwork. I've got some original Brian Hitch pages framed on my walls. (So far, I've gotten original pages from Preacher (Dillon), Planetary (Cassaday), Authority, Stormwatch, etc.)

I'm part of that trend that Peter David writes about in the latest CBG. People who buy the trades instead of the monthly book. Each shipment from Westfield usually comes with at least 2-3 trade paperbacks.

Greetings all,

Ninanina: I read all that you say except just for Alias, it's a good book? what's about?

Ubiquiti: I never read a Black Panther book, do you think that worth start reading that book?

Chromium: You read a lot of comic book that I never give it a try, Hellboy, Astro City, Supreme Power, Silver Sufer, 100 Bullets, I know Silver Surfer what is about it, and I think (correct if i'm wrong) Astro City it's like the Mistery Man Movie (with Ben Stiller), but what kind of comic books it's Hellboy, Supreme Power and 100 Bullets?

tkg2627: Hellblazer, I never heard of it, Y The Last Man, I read that it's a mature book, why? It's like fables too much blood and sex? Catwoman, whoooaaa, really? I never thought, this mont I'm going to get one issue and look what happend, Powers what is it about?

sckao: Global Frequency? I never heard of that too, any review??

Thanks all I'm trying to read something more than superheroes, like The Couffin I love that book, so that's why I asking you about new books, greetings!!

Edian

100 Bullets

Alias

Amazing Spider-Man

Batman

Born

Captain America

Daredevil

Dark Days

Eternal

Filth

Incredible Hulk

JLA Avengers

Kingpin

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen VOL II

Supreme Power

Thor Vikings

Trouble

Ultimate Spider-Man

Ultimate X-Men

Ultimates

X-Men, New

X-Men, Uncanny

Wolverine

Xtreme X-Men

Y The Last Man

Ninanina: I read all that you say except just for Alias, it's a good book? what's about?

An ex Avenger quits super heroing (we don't know much of her history, or who she was, what her powers were, and why she quit) to start up her own private detective agency. I like the comic, because it doesn't revolve around your typical super hero meets bad guy, they battle and super hero wins kind of story. Something different that's well written and interesting. Also, it's not afraid to go beyond normal boundaries as it's for the mature reader.

Currently, it's revolving around the "Purple Man" as we learn that perhaps this character was/is involved in her reasons for leaving the Avengers. Too bad the series is being cancelled soon. frown.gif

I like the comic, because it doesn't revolve around your typical super hero meets bad guy

That's what I looking for!!

Too bad the series is being cancelled soon. frown.gif

Exist a TPB? worth bought all of them or just a couple issues?

Greetings,

Edian

Yes, there are TPB's for this series. I would recommend them all. I'd bet you can get the entire run on Ebay for not much more then cover price also.

Yes, there are TPB's for this series. I would recommend them all. I'd bet you can get the entire run on Ebay for not much more then cover price also.

Don't forget our own Lighthouse! Doesn't he give a discount?

Alias is the best book published in a long while. Please be aware, however, that they're not messing around when they say "Mature Readers."

I also read Batman, Punisher (although if the art continues to be this awful, I'm going to drop it), Born, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and the spare book I pick up when I'm feeling ambitious. I used to read most of the Ultimate titles, and I've found them to become distasteful, except for Ulitimate Spider-Man. I'm probably the only person on this board who doesn't like Bruce Jones' Hulk OR Bendis' Daredevil (Daredevil 51 was one of the worst mainstream Marvels I've read in quite some time).

Ubiquiti: I never read a Black Pather book, do you think that worth start reading that book?

Chromium: You read a lot of comic book that I never give it a try, Hellboy, Astro City, Supreme Power, Silver Sufer, 100 Bullets, I know Silver Surfer what is about it, and I think (correct if i'm wrong) Astro City it's like the Mistery Man Movie (with Ben Stiller), but what kind of comic books it's Hellboy, Supreme Power and 100 Bullets?

tkg2627: Hellblazer, I never heard of it, Y The Last Man, I read that it's a mature book, why? It's like fables too much blood and sex? Catwoman, whoooaaa, really? I never thought, this mont I'm going to get one issue and look what happend, Powers what is it about?

sckao: Global Frequency? I never heard of that too, any review??

Thanks for the info of Alias, and someone have more information for the other books?

Current newsstand titles I read:

• Punisher
  • Fantastic Four
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • New X-Men
  • Almost anything Ennis writes
  • Daredevil
  • Ultimate Spider-Man

I'm currently looking for a decently-priced set of the entire 100 Bullets run on ebay...one went for ~$185 on Sunday which I thought was WAY too much as they usually go for around $100 to $130