• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay S/H - Buyers taking advantage of Sellers

32 posts in this topic

I couldn't agree more! That's why I've been buying only from my LCSs

lol:signfunny: Oh you were being serious weren't you? Must be nice to have an LCS that (A) Can grade (B) Knows that 150% of NM guide is not reasonable for mid grade mid 70's x-men books © Know what silver age is.

Phoenix sucks.

Hey now, no picking on...oh you mean the state...go right ahead (thumbs u

Here's the way I view it:

If you want to operate like a retail store, open up an EBay store and set your prices based on costs + profit. If you want to charge a buyer premium like Heritage, then get a business license and set up an auction house. If you want to professionally grade comics, then set up your investment capital, fill out the paperwork and go to it.

But if you want to lists books at open auction, and start you auction lower than cost + profit, then be damn sure you only charge packing supplies + postal cost.

Otherwise you're making an innocent buyer suffer for your low-IQ, poor business sense, and utter stupidity.

this is well said...

gator

I couldn't agree more! That's why I've been buying only from my LCSs and the Boards.

You must have some pretty nice LCS in your city because the few I've been

to in Vancouver have all the SA/BA books in glass cases and when you ask

about a price even on a Mid-grade or lower book the owner pulls out the OSPG

and then figures out the exchange rate before you can even look at his

over graded books.

Mr.King of Batch,

Do you mind posting your e-bay ID please.

fay

I couldn't agree more! That's why I've been buying only from my LCSs and the Boards.

over graded books.

Mr.King of Batch,

fay

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1819957&page=1#Post1819957 (shrug)

Me, i opened an eBay store last December, following a string of under-performing comicons following last year's San Diego comicon, which was very good for me, as was this year's rendition

I do not do auctions on eBay - strictly Buy It Now Or Best Offer

And i rarely go below 20% off offer wise on any of the material i list in my eBay store

It takes a lot of work to get the product to market - i am happy to send on larger scans for potential sales to happen - maybe one order per fifty gets something sent back - and i have a no questions asked return policy - i have found it is best to take a book back if the customer does not like it

And, of course, whenit comes back, it better be the same book i sent out, as i have had persons try to return a slightly lesser copy, hoping to up-grade off the cheap as it were

robert Beerbohm

eBay store: BLBcomics

Me, i opened an eBay store last December, following a string of under-performing comicons following last year's San Diego comicon, which was very good for me, as was this year's rendition

I do not do auctions on eBay - strictly Buy It Now Or Best Offer

And i rarely go below 20% off offer wise on any of the material i list in my eBay store

It takes a lot of work to get the product to market - i am happy to send on larger scans for potential sales to happen - maybe one order per fifty gets something sent back - and i have a no questions asked return policy - i have found it is best to take a book back if the customer does not like it

And, of course, whenit comes back, it better be the same book i sent out, as i have had persons try to return a slightly lesser copy, hoping to up-grade off the cheap as it were

robert Beerbohm

eBay store: BLBcomics [/quote

I see a lot more sellers with really nice books... going with a Buy It Now Or Best Offer

over graded books.

Mr.King of Batch,

fay

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1819957&page=1#Post1819957 (shrug)

I'm sorry I'm a little slow or just plain stoooopid and are you showing me

Mr. King of Batch's e-bay site or yours? (shrug) Are you saying forget my LCS,

which I did long ago and shop at that sellers site? (shrug)

I'm a big fan of graemlins but in this day and age of communicating on the

internet a few typed words can go a long way. (thumbs u

Thank you,

fay :foryou:

I really hate the sellers that INSIST that every item must be sent by priority mail.

:mad:

They want $12 shipping on $9.99 worth of comics that are not worth more than $8 at best. Not everything needs to be sent priority mail. Sometimes the only way to justify a purchase is if the shipping is cheap and slow.

Most of the books I sell are $30 and up individually. I never insist on Priority, but it is usually the form of shipping I use. I find shipping in the PM box helps to prevent shipping damage that may occur when using a padded envelope or other flimsy packaging material. Most customers dont seem to mind shipping PM, as I dont "juice" the shipping charges and always cover any overages I may have under quoted. I just feel its safer for the books is all....

Most of the books I sell are $30 and up individually. I never insist on Priority, but it is usually the form of shipping I use. I find shipping in the PM box helps to prevent shipping damage that may occur when using a padded envelope or other flimsy packaging material. Most customers dont seem to mind shipping PM, as I dont "juice" the shipping charges and always cover any overages I may have under quoted. I just feel its safer for the books is all....
Exactly what i do, even under $30.