• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Anyone have the scoop on the Church copy of Wonder Worman #10? Heard today that it was offered locally, no other details other than the asking price was waaaay too high.

I'm just curious about the book if it is a "travelling monk" copy or the typical killer Mile High. It's one of my favorite issues (that I'm yet to own).

Yes, I have the scoop. I owned the book for 10 years. I believe it got a grade of 9.6 but I cannot remember for sure. The guy I bought the book from graded the book MINT. It is the Gerber photo journal copy too. John Verzyl told me on his 1st visit to Chuck, almost the entire WW run was still there. He picked the #10 as the best overall issue. The book is AMAZING!

Hope that helps!

Wow. Super tid-bit of history on the church WW's there guys :headbang:

Imagine what pile looked like :cloud9:

I'm imagining that "WAAAAYYYYY too high" means I should stop staring at my checking account;)

Or under the couch cushions;)

Back to WW2, I say it's the rarest of many GA books out there. Except for the overpriced Church copy on C-Connect, it can't be found anywhere. :cry:

:hi:

The #6 is much harder...at least in my experience...and the Sensation 6 is worse...

Speaking of early WW's again, if I could ask a "basic" question:

I know All-Star 8 is the first WW appearance, but it couldn't have beaten Sensation 1 by much, as Sensation 1 has an ad for All Star 8 - any idea by how many weeks AS 8 beat Sensation 1 to market?

And then, WW 1 came very soon after - anyone know what that time gap was between Sensation 1 and WW 1 ?

(There must have been an easy one-sentence way to ask this, so sorry if this sounds a little ramble-y)...

wonder woman 2 is actually one of the more common early WW...maybe recently it appears tough, but in my years of collecting, I have always found it readily available

WW 7 is the toughest of the 1-10 run, with 6 close behind (by comparison, I have owned 9 WW 6's to only 3 WW7's and seen dozens of WW 2 in that time)

That's what is so fun about collecting this title and GA titles in general, the challenge of the hunt. I mean how satisfying is it to finally nab a book after years of hunting. You don't get that feeling with SA books that have hundreds of slabbed copies available.

Back to WW2, I say it's the rarest of many GA books out there. Except for the overpriced Church copy on C-Connect, it can't be found anywhere. :cry:

:hi:

The #6 is much harder...at least in my experience...and the Sensation 6 is worse...

Hi Sha :hi:

I think a Sensation #6 was for sale here on the boards recently, maybe Adam (filter81) was the seller hm

as sharon knows, Sensation 6 was the last Sen I needed and it took me litterally years to track down a decent copy...then, there was a period of a year when at least 5 copies were available... cyclical for sure!

wonder woman 2 is actually one of the more common early WW...maybe recently it appears tough, but in my years of collecting, I have always found it readily available

WW 7 is the toughest of the 1-10 run, with 6 close behind (by comparison, I have owned 9 WW 6's to only 3 WW7's and seen dozens of WW 2 in that time)

Funny, I've owned at least 5 #7's, I stopped looking to upgrade when I bought your copy...but I searched for ANY copy of the 6's for several years, I had a ton of people looking for one for me and I couldn't even find a coverless one...and yes, I saw the one in the forum, almost bought it as a back up, lol.

Speaking of early WW's again, if I could ask a "basic" question:

I know All-Star 8 is the first WW appearance, but it couldn't have beaten Sensation 1 by much, as Sensation 1 has an ad for All Star 8 - any idea by how many weeks AS 8 beat Sensation 1 to market?

And then, WW 1 came very soon after - anyone know what that time gap was between Sensation 1 and WW 1 ?

(There must have been an easy one-sentence way to ask this, so sorry if this sounds a little ramble-y)...

According to the GCD, All Star 8 was published Dec 1941, Sensation comics came out Jan 1942 and Wonder Woman #1 was Summer of 1942.

If you really want to talk to an expert, the guy who runs this museum (if he's still around) used to know EVERYTHING...http://www.wonderwomanmuseum.com/

He used to write to me when I was buying WW books on eBay, very informative.