• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

This thread could use a bump and WWs from the very early 1950s are very difficult to find in Uber-HG:

Sure are, and the issue you have there has a gorgeous cover :o

Beautiful colors on that book!

Thanks everyone. The book looks even better in hand. You just don't find Wonder Womans from this era in such high grade. I was fortunate to have the money at the time. And I paid under guide for it too.But that's it until the Yorba Linda show here in SoCal though I might attend the Long Beach show to submit some books to CGC.

SLR

Here's my first 1-10 Wonder Woman. Okay, it's a restored copy with lots of tears and supposedly tear seals and definitley spine reinforcement. I had planned to give it to a teacher buddy of mine as she is an enthusiastic fan of Wonder Woman, but I ended up giving her a 1959 raw WW 103 and the Comic Book Marketplace with the exact same cover and Zuri (that's her name) was estactic.Basically it was my wife's idea since this restored copy still cost me a over $300.00 and that would be a very expensive gift. Anyway, I'm enjoying the book. Great cover, too! I think it was a fair price. Bought it from Richard Evans at Comic-Con. WonderWoman3.jpg

With the passage of time, I've come to appreciate books like this WW3 more and more. I can keep them handy and handle them at my leisure, which is what I've done with a low-grade WW8 (bought from Chris Foss years ago), my only Wonder Woman 1-10.

Enjoy Steve, and that was very nice of you to gift the other person... sharing the love of this hobby is what I enjoy most. :)

Chris Foss. I remember him. He hasn't set up at Comic-Con in quite some time as I recall. I bought a couple of books from him inlucding a nice copy of a 1950s Wonder Woman (I forget which one; I'll have to look for it one day. If you ever get a chance I'd like to see that Wonder Woman you bought from him.

SLR

Steve, I saw Chris Foss at the Comic-Con this year. I saw him looking at the books that Heritage had for their auction. I remember when he used to setup at the Shrine in Los Angeles. I believe he moved to Kansas. The Shrine comic book show has become less and less a vintage comic book show over the years. Kind of like what has happened to the Comic-Con. EJR