• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

The highest-graded WW #7 9.4 OW/W just closed at a cool $12,450.00 to almost double the last sale of a 9.4! Is this title on the move?

I think it's that particular cover that's gained popularity. The same copy sold a few months ago as a 9.2 for $8200. Good flip for somebody.

Ok, but remember a 7.0 #7 also sold for $7,768. in July, and a 7.5 #6 sold for $5,975 in February.

I guess it boils down to impatient collectors with a lot of spare cash. Collecting this title you have to get used to the fact that not a lot of copies come to market, and you may have to let some go or get hosed trying to outbid Warren Buffett.

I just got my first Wonder Woman issue from the Golden Age, an All Star Comics #8. The sad part about it is I was actually went to inspect a Hulk 181 for possible purchase, but my eyes crossed paths with this issue and when the owner wanted 1,400 for this issue which was cheaper than the Hulk 181 I left the place with this issue instead. The only other good and yet sad thing at the same time is I sent the issue off for a full restoration within a few hours of pickup.

IMG_zps00561e76.jpg[/img] page0001_zpsfb2358ef.jpg[/img] IMG_0002_zpsa82864bf.jpg[/img]

Nice book and great pick-up! I hope you took the time to read it before you sent it off for resto. So few of us will ever get to hold one of those in our hands and flip through the pages. I hope to get there someday!

I hope you'll share the pics when you get the book back. I'd love to see the before and after shots.

Congratulations!

What a great story around that All Star #8. Like the rest, I also think you made a wise decision. This is like the action one of Wonder Woman. There are dozens and dozens of Hulk 181's to be had, but scant few of these. I also agree its a great candidate for resto and I look forward to seeing the results of the restoration. Congrats!

Now it's off to NYCC for me :whee:

Anyone keeping track of this auction?

ebay link

All Star #8 1st appearance of Wonder Woman ,

CGC 8.5, the 2nd highest graded copy,

with a little over 9 hours to go and it's over $65K.

Could this actually break $100K? hm

I've been watching that auction from the beginning.

At this point, its getting close to being out of my range, but with a little under 4 hours to go, you have to wonder if there are a few people just waiting and the price will shoot up.

You just don't see a key issue like this one, in such a scarce high grade, coming up very often.

Good question - I gave it a legitimate try, but I think that I would've fallen short in the end because whomever got it probably had a maximum bid of $100K (which I was not willing to approach).

I've been watching that auction from the beginning.

At this point, its getting close to being out of my range, but with a little under 4 hours to go, you have to wonder if there are a few people just waiting and the price will shoot up.

You just don't see a key issue like this one, in such a scarce high grade, coming up very often.

. . . to borrow off your comment, It's been out of my range from the beginning :cry:

Nice book, strong sale price. Best of luck to the new owner.

Good question - I gave it a legitimate try, but I think that I would've fallen short in the end because whomever got it probably had a maximum bid of $100K (which I was not willing to approach).

A maximum bid they may have been higher than that even considering this is the second highest unrestored issue out there. I am curious as to what kind of restoration the 3 restored copies at 9.0 received.

Behold, a Christmas present to myself, another Wonder Woman "D" copy :whee:

this #35, courtesy of a fellow board member whom I managed to pry this from his somewhat hesitant fingers.

P1070307_zps7e9d6aed.jpg

Behold, a Christmas present to myself, another Wonder Woman "D" copy :whee:

this #35, courtesy of a fellow board member whom I managed to pry this from his somewhat hesitant fingers.

P1070307_zps7e9d6aed.jpg

:applause: