• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Soooo that was you! :/

Is the grade your assessment or did you send it in for a walk-through? If its the one I was watching, it looked like it might even grade higher (i posed the question about the page count and the seller posted it).

Whatever. Congratulations on landing that one! (thumbs u

:news: it's not in the census,

so that question is answered.

Not to mention the raw 5.5 that I just bought off eBay.

I was in a hotel and just couldn't get the bid in, I was glad you won it.

I was a little concerned about his page count, he kept insisting it was 14 pages on each side of the staple, I asked if it was a 16/12 split, but he never answered.

That last bid went in with about 10 seconds to go. I tried to enter a bid of $8550, but I was on my iPad and couldn't get it entered before the auction expired. :frustrated:

let me preface this statement with I am not questioning hertiage, but I am questioning the reasoning behind some of the bids they get...bids that make NO sense in the real world...

that 7.0 on heritage is a 2500 book 99.9% of the time (the one exception, apparently, was the heritage auction)... so when a 9.2 sells for pitance above it (and don't say one bidder removed, etc, yada yada, because folks like jeff and I liked the book in the 8k range and were active bidders, so clink had "bidders"), it just really makes me wonder where the under bidder on the 7.0 was?

I find if hard to believe that they would bid 7500 on a 7.0 (most well before the end), and not have been willing (or found out about) to put 10K+ in on the clink copy...

just boggles my mind the mentality/reasoning sometimes :screwy:

Yeah, I kinda wondered along those lines myself. Just seems crazy money for a 7.0 copy.

Not that I wouldn't mind having it, but $7,469 seems a bit unrealistic.

Yeah, I kinda wondered along those lines myself. Just seems crazy money for a 7.0 copy.

Not that I wouldn't mind having it, but $7,469 seems a bit unrealistic.

it is 3x unrealistic... the fact that there are 2 supposed bidders at that range just screams of fishy (again, not saying fishy on heritage end, but fishy that 2 newbie or uninformed, and/or uneducated bidders participate ...just boogles)

Maybe the underbidder won the 9.2? Unless you know who it was?
It wasn't...not at liberty to say why, but it was not the heritage underbidder (thumbs u

It wasn't...not at liberty to say why, but it was not the heritage underbidder (thumbs u

Pretty sure that Dicaprio and Zuckerberg teamed up with a Chinese conglomerate to buy the book.

Pretty sure that Dicaprio and Zuckerberg teamed up with a Chinese conglomerate to buy the book.

Without a doubt, that must be it :insane: