• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 11

Choose 1 Comic to depart this list  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 Comic to depart this list

83 posts in this topic

Again, I apologize for being late tonight. As I mentioned in Round 10, I would be attending a ball game tonight. (The Toledo Mudhens - which was actually a good time.)

So, Round 10 found Dracula (TOD #1) & the 1st Iron Fist wanting and not up to our stringent BA standards. lol Round 10 was also the last round for expelling 2 comics at a time. We're at the Top 20 now and only 1 will depart each round.

We'll take this until Thursday night around 8:30 pm Eastern time...

You know, I'm going back to my vote for ASM #122 and the "death" of the Green Goblin. While the Defenders may be lame, at least it was something "new" that has survived until now. I concede ASM #122 is a good story, but so are a ton of books that wouldn't get mentioned at all here. Someone explain to me what the great, lasting significance of this book is? I can see something in virtually every other book on this list, but I can't quite see it for ASM #122. As I've said before, had Green Goblin actually died and stayed dead, I'd lend it more credence. But since he came back, it's essentially like a ton of superhero books where the villain looks like he/she "died" in the end only to come back.

I give the death of Gwen Stacy far more significance because I don't believe that had happened to any major character's love interest by that time.

lol Shadow- have I irritated you back into voting against Spidey? :baiting: ASM 122 was only "invalidated" by in the past couple years. Up until that point, how could Defenders even come close to touching this book? Now I will admit I was not alive at the time of its publishing, but every collector I know that was continually places this as important at the time and now.

This is all in good humor (obviously). I really have no beef with Defenders, but they just fall the lowest in esteem amongst the rest.

lol Shadow- have I irritated you back into voting against Spidey? :baiting: ASM 122 was only "invalidated" by in the past couple years. Up until that point, how could Defenders even come close to touching this book? Now I will admit I was not alive at the time of its publishing, but every collector I know that was continually places this as important at the time and now.

This is all in good humor (obviously). I really have no beef with Defenders, but they just fall the lowest in esteem amongst the rest.

What about Hell Cat and Valkyrie? :baiting:

I'lling my GL85 song again! It was a great story, best of 1971 I think. But to me the drug thing had already been done. So it wasn't breaking any new ground. GL 76 was the key book which should last to the very end, but #85 is bye bye bye or you all will hear me whine whine and whine!

...While the Defenders may be lame, at least it was something "new" that has survived until now...

I'm sorry, refresh my memory about what exactly was "new" and not lame about this series; a place to throw characters together that had nowhere else to go (since West Coast Avengers wasn't around yet :sick:)?

Rick

I'lling my GL85 song again! It was a great story, best of 1971 I think. But to me the drug thing had already been done. So it wasn't breaking any new ground. GL 76 was the key book which should last to the very end, but #85 is bye bye bye or you all will hear me whine whine and whine!

ditto

If Iron Fist is gone, no reason for Luke Cage to hang around. Besides, he floundered around for a long time -- even with the Defenders! So the Defenders get a reprieve until the flotsam and jetsam are swept away (IMO).

Dan