• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Ebay ends listing fees (must be getting desperate)

20 posts in this topic

Ebay has eliminated listing fees for a month ! :o

Am I reading this right?

SellerPricingPilot_BuyerCasual-1.gif

Details here

They have had free selling days before. But for one month ?

Get ready for a month long deluge of overpriced krap.

My stuff of course will be underpriced gems. :blahblah:

The listing fee is waved, but you need to include Gallery which will cost you 35 cents, If you normally use Gallery your saving 40 cents on a $9.99 auction, if you normally don't use Gallery your only saving 5 cents.

Keep in mind that you have to use, and pay for, a Gallery pic AND start your auctions under $10, so that will eliminate overpriced junk from being part of this promotion.

Not bad for certain auctions, but not a good idea for others.

The listing fee is waved, but you need to include Gallery which will cost you 35 cents, If you normally use Gallery your saving 40 cents on a $9.99 auction, if you normally don't use Gallery your only saving 5 cents.

Exactly. It's basically a way for eBay to encourage (subsidize) use of Gallery, so that sellers will feel as if they have to use Gallery once the promotion is over.

Ahhhh, a catch.

So its basically a useless sale, because most auctions less than $10 would not use a gallery anyway, its not worth it. Its basically 5 cents off cheap auctions.

Exactly. It's basically a way for eBay to encourage (subsidize) use of Gallery, so that sellers will feel as if they have to use Gallery once the promotion is over.

This is EXACTLY the purpose. Ebay wants you to believe that you can't survive without a gallery picture. Next month, I guarantee their gallery fees have higher use and listing fees will come back.

This is EXACTLY the purpose. Ebay wants you to believe that you can't survive without a gallery picture. Next month, I guarantee their gallery fees have higher use and listing fees will come back.

True, not to mention, those caught offguard relisting itmes that didn't sell near the end of the month period and leaving the gallery pic in there.

Lets not forget those people who may just go thru and relist everything again...forgetting they stuck the gallery on this auction and that auction and then ebay reaps the benefit by having more people hit with gallery fees.

Its happened to me which is why I mention it. If you have multiples of an item you sell and you don't normally use gallery, this could be a problem. Of course, I am sure you will sell everything the first time so it won't be an issue at all.

have anything good in that batch.... :baiting:
Better than this batch. Hell, the one book I just found out its grade is better than this batch. :whistle: