• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

They are very reasonable compared to the Bats and GLs, with the exception of Supes 233 which commands a premium. The most recent CL auction had a 9.4 selling at $475. I think that is an all-time high for that book in grade.

I don't think I paid too much of a premium for my 233 based on these prices. It was a private sale so no tracking on GPA for it.

Although I love my Adams Actions and Superman's it would seem that Batman is the stronger character than Superman and hence shows a price premium for the Adams issues. Easier to relate to Batman, easier to beleive in him. The dark side of Batman has a sense of reality for me, at least.

Thanks for sharing Gern, this is your thread after all :applause:

They are very reasonable compared to the Bats and GLs, with the exception of Supes 233 which commands a premium. The most recent CL auction had a 9.4 selling at $475. I think that is an all-time high for that book in grade.

I don't think I paid too much of a premium for my 233 based on these prices. It was a private sale so no tracking on GPA for it.

Although I love my Adams Actions and Superman's it would seem that Batman is the stronger character than Superman and hence shows a price premium for the Adams issues. Easier to relate to Batman, easier to beleive in him. The dark side of Batman has a sense of reality for me, at least.

:acclaim:

It is Neal Adams' thread and all those who dig his art.

And, if you hadn't posted all your Superman covers, I wouldn't have even developed the appreciation I now have for them, which has lead me to actively collecting them right now. :applause: Remember the Supes 243 you helped me find?

:acclaim:

It is Neal Adams' thread and all those who dig his art.

And, if you hadn't posted all your Superman covers, I wouldn't have even developed the appreciation I now have for them, which has lead me to actively collecting them right now. :applause: Remember the Supes 243 you helped me find?

all right then, to Neal Adams, his dog-rabbit-horses, Batman, Superman and Green Lantern covers and the other 1,000 I have to collect in the end...and who could forget this a**?

Superman243CGC98OW-WPlr.jpg

scan0001

That's either a great scan, or an unbelievably fresh looking book. (worship)

? don't know, I've owned it for 4 years, got it from PGCMint. Loved it ever since!!

I was referring to the Supes 237 on the previous page...not sure why the image didin't appear in my quote.

scan0001

That's either a great scan, or an unbelievably fresh looking book. (worship)

? don't know, I've owned it for 4 years, got it from PGCMint. Loved it ever since!!

I was referring to the Supes 237 on the previous page...not sure why the image didin't appear in my quote.

:blush: let me just get out of the way......

:gossip: Don't you already have them all in super HG?

I have a few.....hopefully no one reads this thread.....really Adams is overated and the books are not that great in person and Swan did all his layouts and Superman? really who is he anyway...everyone should go collect Spider-man or Wolverine or Hero for Hire!

nothing to see here, keep moving....

:whistle:

all right then, to Neal Adams, his dog-rabbit-horses, Batman, Superman and Green Lantern covers and the other 1,000 I have to collect in the end...and who could forget this a**?

Superman243CGC98OW-WPlr.jpg

:cloud9: My favorite cover in his Superman run. lol

I had the Pac Coast 9.4 copy of #217 a while back, but it now resides in the collection of another huge Adams' fans on the boards.........

can we see it? come on, got to show the goods!!

:baiting:

This isn't the PC copy, but here's mine. Do you guys think it's slab worthy?

3275224890_3abfa64aa7_o.jpg

2c 9.0 (?) a few color breaks along the spine. Hard issue to find. If you have no reason to sell it, keep it raw. If you need to sell it, sell it here where people can get a good feel for the grade and understand what it is really worth and buy with confidence. Even post it in the Hey Buddy can you spare a grade? thread.

I only collect slabs because I have no real access to high grade raw books but slabs can be bought anywhere. and I am abviously a grade chaser.. (shrug)