• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

Well Michael, I don't intend to sell it anytime soon, but I'd like to grade it if it will help my registry score. I bought this copy on Ebay a few years back. I believe it was described as a F or F+. I think the seller may have sent me the wrong copy. :headbang:

I see as I was typing you put it in the grade thread. Much nicer than F+.

I had the Pac Coast 9.4 copy of #217 a while back, but it now resides in the collection of another huge Adams' fans on the boards.........

can we see it? come on, got to show the goods!!

:baiting:

ok ok Ill admit it, Im a huge Adams fan. And here's the book kimik is speaking of. I like this book so much I have another copy in a higher grade.

BAT217-CGC94PacificCoast.jpg

I had the Pac Coast 9.4 copy of #217 a while back, but it now resides in the collection of another huge Adams' fans on the boards.........

ok ok Ill admit it, Im a huge Adams fan. And here's the book kimik is speaking of. I like this book so much I have another copy in a higher grade.

:applause:

Well Michael, I don't intend to sell it anytime soon, but I'd like to grade it if it will help my registry score. I bought this copy on Ebay a few years back. I believe it was described as a F or F+. I think the seller may have sent me the wrong copy. :headbang:

My first reaction was 9.0 too.

:gossip: Don't you already have them all in super HG?

I have a few.....hopefully no one reads this thread.....really Adams is overated and the books are not that great in person and Swan did all his layouts and Superman? really who is he anyway...everyone should go collect Spider-man or Wolverine or Hero for Hire!

nothing to see here, keep moving....

:whistle:

meh

It is one of the impossibly tough to find in high grade issues from this run. Personally, I feel it is one of the top 5 (if not top 3) Adam's Batman and Tec covers.

I know what you mean Ryan. I can't believe that Batman 244 9.4 went for only $155 :o If I hadn't been filling holes in other SA runs, I would have bought more than this Don Rosa Tec 408:

RAD2D09420081215_125527.jpg

This used to be Nik's copy.

SWEET!! I even own one of those. Great cover for sure.

JohnT? Hows the story? I don't have a reader copy of this one.

I could not wait to share this one!!

HouseofMystery180CGC96OWPClr.jpg

Beautiful! The postman was kinder to you than me. More kids playing on a porch, monster in the shadows.

Not a bad issue: Adams cover, and Kane, Woods, and Wrightson art inside!

I have to laugh that a Sergio Aragones gag page ranks a note on the label.

I know what you mean Ryan. I can't believe that Batman 244 9.4 went for only $155 :o If I hadn't been filling holes in other SA runs, I would have bought more than this Don Rosa Tec 408:

RAD2D09420081215_125527.jpg

This used to be Nik's copy.

SWEET!! I even own one of those. Great cover for sure.

JohnT? Hows the story? I don't have a reader copy of this one.

Sorry, don't have it and never read it. :sorry:

this is one of his recent covers. looks like two-face is masquerading as captain comet :grin:

mystery.jpg

That's the best modern Adams cover I've seen. In my opinion, he's fallen off very badly. His work used to be so dynamic, now it's stiff as can be. Did you see the drawing he did for the NY Comic Convention? It's a travesty compared to his old GL work, So tight it might just crack.