• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which one would you choose, and why ???

937 posts in this topic

Too many Spidey #1s out there that could reduce the value of this book.

As opposed to the incredible shortage of Batman #1s?

Relatively? Yes.

Only 47 unrestored Batman #1s on the census versus 933 unrestored ASM #1s.

You really do have something against GA comics, don't you? It certainly comes across that way.

Relatively? Yes.

You really do have something against GA comics, don't you? It certainly comes across that way.

Only the ones that don't have pants-less Ducks in it....

14 copies of Batman 1 in cgc 6.5 or above out of 47 slabbed universal copies....

15 copies of ASM in cgc 9.2 or above out of 933 slabbed universal copies....relative to the # of slabbed copies, ASM in 9.2 or better is much scarcer than Batman in 6.5 or better... hm

gator

Relatively? Yes.

Only against Batman. :gossip:

47 copies is a massive number for a GA book, particularly given the price point of a Batman 1. In fact, I'd say the fact that a SA mega-key like ASM 1 only has 20 times more slabbed copies than a GA mega-key is pretty astounding. You'd think it'd be more like 50X.

Relatively? Yes.

Pretty much. lol

Relatively? Yes.

Pretty much. lol

Thanks Tim, I'll be here all week.

Relatively? Yes.

Only against Batman. :gossip:

47 copies is a massive number for a GA book, particularly given the price point of a Batman 1. In fact, I'd say the fact that a SA mega-key like ASM 1 only has 20 times more slabbed copies than a GA mega-key is pretty astounding. You'd think it'd be more like 50X.

My comment is more re the probability of there being non-CGC books in collections of a similar grade and their impact on the relative value of each book.

I think the ASM#1 is more likely to fall in value as more 9.4s, 9.2s and 9.0s appear in the market (which I believe will happen).

Not even going to go into the 9.0 pressing opportunity.

My comment is more re the probability of there being non-CGC books in collections of a similar grade and their impact on the relative value of each book.

I think the ASM#1 is more likely to fall in value as more 9.4s, 9.2s and 9.0s appear in the market (which I believe will happen).

I know what you're saying, George, because it makes perfect sense. But thus far increased supply seems to have had no adverse impact on the valuation of the book at all, and if anything prices have actually been increasing even though supply has been increasing. I've been waiting for several years now for the prices of HG SA Marvels to collapse under the weight of their growing Census numbers, but it just ain't happening.

I guess you could say that this indicates that although the supply curve has been increasing, it has yet to intersect with the demand curve, but at this time the demand seems to be infinite.

I know what you're saying, George, because it makes perfect sense. But thus far increased supply seems to have had no adverse impact on the valuation of the book at all, and if anything prices have actually been increasing even though supply has been increasing. I've been waiting for several years now for the prices of HG SA Marvels to collapse under the weight of their growing Census numbers, but it just ain't happening.

I guess you could say that this indicates that although the supply curve has been increasing, it has yet to intersect with the demand curve, but at this time the demand seems to be infinite.

word for word (thumbs u