• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which one would you choose, and why ???

937 posts in this topic

Both of these VERY high demand gems sold for approx. $19,000 within the past year. The OA is by Ditko from ASM #10. Which one would you choose, and why ????

In this case I would take the spidey page.Even though the enforcers are a weak villian group its Ditko at his best.

ps Ditko is my favorite artist

Which one would you choose? Both would cost more than I have!

Brittany Daniel-Joe Dirt Chick

or

Britany Spears-Old Britany/not new one!

Brittany Daniel

BrittanyDaniel.jpg

Britany Spears

britanyspears.jpg

Which Brittany/Britany would you choose and why....and Richie, you can have both! (thumbs u

This contest should come with a qualifier as you would have to add at least another 50 pounds of fat to Britany Spears' body based upon recent pictures that I have seen of her. :tonofbricks:

Both great comics, would love to have both, but would go for Cap 1 just because it's a lot older, a lot less of them in existance, (unless there was a warehouse find i'm unaware about) and I do know that the BB 28 is scarce in that grade, but I would be happy with a VF copy of that also, lol.

Steve;

Have you gone completely nutso! :screwy:

No.....this is General....anything goes! :insane:

These 2 keys sold for approx. $26,000 2+ years ago.....which one would you choose, and why ????

Coincidence that you keep using particular copies that I have owned or currently own? hm

Considering that the 9.2 JLA 1 subsequently was cracked and resubbed and got a 9.4 from CGC, and then sold for about $50,000 to JP, I guess I'd take the JLA 1 for $26K. :insane:

WW1, the JLA looks overgraded as do many cgc graded books lately, which is why I will never buy a cgc book from someone who doesn't offer hassle free returns for a cgc book. I no longer have much faith in their grading and try to avoid sight unseen purchases of cgc'd books.

As the owner of that JLA 1, which I submitted raw to CGC, I can tell you for a fact that it was most definitely not overgraded. If your judgment is based on those white marks on the spine at the top staple, those are not creases but scratches on the slab. I was really disappointed when it came back from CGC as a 9.2, because I had graded it as a NM and I am a notoriously tough grader.

Knowing what I know now, I should've resubbed it to CGC. Unfortunately, in my naivete at the time, before I joined these boards, I hadn't realized that CGC was as inconsistent as they are and ultimately sold it to finance my purchase of the 9.4 B&B 28 (which ironically you have also presented here). Josh Nathanson, who obviously was much wiser to the ways of CGC, was the one who bought it as a 9.2 for $26K and resubbed it and got a 9.4 grade, which in my opinion was the grade the book deserved all along.

Coincidence that you keep using particular copies that I have owned or currently own? hm

Yes...complete coincidence. What can I say...great minds think alike!

Steve

Tim;

You most definitely should view this as a positive compliment to the books you have or had in your collection! (thumbs u

Yes...complete coincidence. What can I say...great minds think alike!

Steve

Tim;

You most definitely should view this as a positive compliment to the books you have or had in your collection! (thumbs u

I'll say!!! Most impressive Tim. (worship) (worship) (worship)

I would love to see your collection. :cloud9:

I would pick the Cap 1 if I had a choice and the money.

Both sold for around $15,000 about 1 1/2 years ago....which one would you choose, and why ????

The Suspense 3 graders notes....small piece of tape at staple on spine

I would take the Showcase, as I have always been a silver age GL fan.