• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which one would you choose, and why ???

937 posts in this topic

Really tough choice because both are the most common mega-keys of their respective eras, and thus neither is all that desirable. I guess I'd have to go with the ASM just because it'd be easier to unload at a profit

[

tec 27 is EXTREMELY scarce

Are you serious? I see Tec 27's everywhere I go. At least a handful own a copy on these very boards. To say its extremely scarce is wrong. If it was extremely scarce I wouldnt be able to find the book, which is not the case.

it had a jagged top front cover edge that needed a fair amount of piece replacement (but in a "non critical" area, if you will...just yellow border), and needed some cleaning and color touch/reinforcement, seals, etc.

That's a frankenbook, IMO.

Then your opinion is based in error. You obviously have no clue whatsoever what constitutes a "frankenbook".

The lack of a fair and balanced restoration scale that is widely accepted leads to this misconception, so take heart, you are not alone in this opinion, just grossly uninformed.

If I had to keep the book detective 27.If it was for future sale the brave and bold 28.

Dennis

Let's try a mid grade GA key up against a high grade SA key....both sold within the past year for approx $39,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

Steve

Spider-man 1.My favorite artist in my favorite title.From what I understand(from the real pros on here)

Batman 1 is not a super tuff book.

Dennis

From what I understand(from the real pros on here)

Batman 1 is not a super tuff book.

Dennis

Ahhhhh.....yes, but it actually is a pretty tough book in FINE or better unrestored, making this competition a little tighter than it may appear :gossip:

Let's try a mid grade GA key up against a high grade SA key....both sold within the past year for approx $39,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

Steve

Batman #1 is in my top three books, but since I have one, I will take the 9.2 Spidey! :headbang:

Steve

Batman #1 is in my top three books, but since I have one, I will take the 9.2 Spidey! :headbang:

what, only top 3...not top 2? :o

Steve

what, only top 3...not top 2? :o

Tec 27, Action 1, Bat 1 (but they rotate around the list from time to time)

Tough one but I'd probably go for the Bat#1.

Too many Spidey #1s out there that could reduce the value of this book.

I would normally agree, but , as greg mentioned, this is the worse looking 6.5 I have seen...many compared it to my 5.0 and thought my copy was superior looking.... I had been tempted to resub my copy, but think it will sell relative to the book (and not the assigned # grade) to the point that I would not recoup the regrade fees...

rick