• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which one would you choose, and why ???

937 posts in this topic

I am surprised alot of people are picking Cap 1. Yes, in general its a better book, but we are factoring the comic shown. BB 28 which seems impossible to get in HG where as the Cap is a 8.0, which is HG for a GA book but not uncommon for the particular book. Oh and if both books were put up for sale the BB 28 would probably blow the Cap out

2c

I am surprised alot of people are picking Cap 1. Yes, in general its a better book, but we are factoring the comic shown. BB 28 which seems impossible to get in HG where as the Cap is a 8.0, which is HG for a GA book but not uncommon for the particular book. Oh and if both books were put up for sale the BB 28 would probably blow the Cap out

2c

Ok, you have convinced me. I will go with the B&B 28! :acclaim:

....both sold in April of 2004 for $60,375. Which one would you choose, and why ???

( and please feel free to post some other comparisons as well! )

Depends on the reason to buy .If its for the collection the Cap 1 in vf is sweet.For a flipping reason the band b.Whenever you have the highest graded copy people lose their minds money wise.

A psa 10 Mickey Mantle rookis sold for 1,2 million.Card books at 8k.This is also the only one.

Dennis

....both sold in April of 2004 for $60,375. Which one would you choose, and why ???

( and please feel free to post some other comparisons as well! )

Depends on the reason to buy .If its for the collection the Cap 1 in vf is sweet.For a flipping reason the band b.Whenever you have the highest graded copy people lose their minds money wise.

A psa 10 Mickey Mantle rookis sold for 1,2 million.Card books at 8k.This is also the only one.

Dennis

Shows your age with that comment. :whistle:

I'd tell everyone how old you are, but I don't feel like chopping you down and counting the rings.

Sigh, you win again.

2c

You buy 1 high priced SA book and now your and expert on all ages from GA to SA. lol

2c

You buy 1 high priced SA book and now your and expert on all ages from GA to SA. lol
He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :eek:

2c

I stand corrected. (worship)

2c

I stand corrected. (worship)
As you should.

Shows your age with that comment. :whistle:

I'd tell everyone how old you are, but I don't feel like chopping you down and counting the rings.

Sigh, you win again.

:acclaim:

You're a but a cool

I wouldn't pay $60k for either of these books, but between the two I'd take the Cap 1. I've never had much interest in B&B28. As of right this minute the B&B28 would probably be the best investment of the two. But all that would change if 1 or 2 9.6s ever showed up on the census in my opinion.

2c

:gossip: (not everyone needs 9.8's in their collection)

2c

Ok, you have convinced me. I will go with the B&B 28! :acclaim:

Now Bill, you know I love ya....but even though that decision is F'n Crazy in my opinion....I am glad you are of that thought. Cause if you were not, well I would not have gleened this from your southern hospitality. mm0094.jpg

Guess which one I would take!!! In a New York Min......Cap rocks, JLA is like cream of wheat when you expect bacon, fried red taters, eggs, and toast!!!

Steve.....Cap 1 vs. BB 28....its like ordering a side of fries, as compared to a side of plan non salted tofu chips....

Paul