• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which one would you choose, and why ???

937 posts in this topic

Well, one is Bronze Age icon and the other is a Golden Age gem. I'm no that big on the Punisher, but Spider-Man is pretty cool. Also, I am thinking about going after some really nice Batman GA books... so before Bedrock gets here... I'll take both! :devil:

Both sold in 2005 for approx $10,500. The Tec 29 graders notes: "small amount of dried glue on spine"

which one would you choose, and why ????

Steve;

Have you gone completely nutso! :screwy:

This is like having Tiger Woods compete in a golf game against a new born baby. lol

You are comparing a HTF GA icon book to a common as dirt BA book. Sure, there are only 5 copies of ASM 129 in 9.8, but does this really really mean anything at all when there are almost 100 copies of this book in 9.6 condition and almost 200 copies in 9.4 condition.

After all, there are only 6 total graded copies of 'Tec 29 in 5.0 condition or better. I think almost any collector would take the 'Tec 29 notwithstanding the CGC notes on the dried glue. An absolute no-brainer in this case.

Both sold in 2005 for approx $10,500. The Tec 29 graders notes: "small amount of dried glue on spine"

which one would you choose, and why ????

Steve;

Have you gone completely nutso! :screwy:

This is like having Tiger Woods compete in a golf game against a new born baby. lol

You are comparing a HTF GA icon book to a common as dirt BA book. Sure, there are only 5 copies of ASM 129 in 9.8, but does this really really mean anything at all when there are almost 100 copies of this book in 9.6 condition and almost 200 copies in 9.4 condition.

After all, there are only 6 total graded copies of 'Tec 29 in 5.0 condition or better. I think almost any collector would take the 'Tec 29 notwithstanding the CGC notes on the dried glue. An absolute no-brainer in this case.

My disdain for Spiderman and Batman is about equal. However, despite the fact that this low-grade Tec 29 looks like so much mouldering pulp to me, I think it has better potential for appreciation from the $10,500 mark (apparently a lot of collectors like mouldering GA pulp). On the other hand, the nice minty fresh ASM 129 doesn`t have much upside left, so based purely on cold economic analysis I would take the Tec 29.

Well, one is Bronze Age icon and the other is a Golden Age gem. I'm no that big on the Punisher, but Spider-Man is pretty cool. Also, I am thinking about going after some really nice Batman GA books... so before Bedrock gets here... I'll take both! :devil:

That's my man! You are gonna have a heck of a collection if you keep thinking like that!

Which one would you choose? Both would cost more than I have!

Brittany Daniel-Joe Dirt Chick

or

Britany Spears-Old Britany/not new one!

Brittany Daniel

BrittanyDaniel.jpg

Britany Spears

britanyspears.jpg

Which Brittany/Britany would you choose and why....and Richie, you can have both! (thumbs u

WW1, the JLA looks overgraded as do many cgc graded books lately, which is why I will never buy a cgc book from someone who doesn't offer hassle free returns for a cgc book. I no longer have much faith in their grading and try to avoid sight unseen purchases of cgc'd books.