• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE LIST - and a new request thread to follow

653 posts in this topic

And just to note: I have a Man-Thing #1 9.8 that would give me an additional 480 points to my Howard the Duck set, but I don't feel that is really fair to those just trying to complete a HTD set, so it's not just about the points or anything like that.

• Administrator
Dearest Gemma,

You have done some interesting things but I would like to hopefully change your mind about what you have done to the poor old Howard The Duck Set. When you added Volume One (1976) I was ecstatic. I then asked you if Howard The Duck Pre-Volume One should have its own set or be put in the 1976 set. It was reasonable either way. But when you added Howard's guest appearances (She-Hulk, Bizarre Adventures) into this set I was flabbergasted. Howard's guest appearances are numerous and should be separated.

Some of the other guest appearances are:

Generation X - 20-23, 25

Daydreamers 1-3

Ghost Rider 81, 82

Man-Thing (1997) 5,6,7

Marvel Team Up 96

Marvel Tales 237

Spider-Man Team-Up 5

J2 11

Civil War: Choosing Sides 1A, 1B

Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness 2, 3

(not sure which ones are cameos and which ones are full stories)

Also, There is Howard the Duck Volume 2

and Howard the Duck Volume 3

Thanks for listening as I am Trapped in a Set I Never Made!

Wow! I just checked the Howard the Duck set after reading this and am left shaking my head in disappointment.

I'd like to request a simple straight forward Howard the Duck set which would include Howard the Duck #1-33 and Annual #1. No guest appearances, pre-appearances, and no seperate slots for price-variants.

I've made this same request in regards to the price variants being added seperately before and gave examples per PM how they were handled in previous sets.

I'm a big fan of the registry and appreciate the hard work that goes into it, but there is simply no consistancy to how these sets are formed.

I'd like to see straight sets first, then special request sets created seperately for those who ask, if this is the road the registry has decided to take.

Unfortunately this is my eternal dilemma with the registry...the dispute between purists and completists. I am really trying to accommodate both types of collectors without diluting the registry too much. Hopefully we will have custom sets available sometime next year :wishluck: and that might help the completists show off some of their collections the way they prefer. The only problem there is that these sets are not scored competitively, so I hope that will not discourage anyone!

I am working mostly off of the OSPG for creating these sets, so I am trying to keep them as "pure" as possible but still in-line with other sets currently in the registry. (i.e. with Howard the Duck, I started with the "pure" set but as the other appearances were requested, I referred to the OSPG for the other titles...I left out Crazy Magazine, too)

I will at least remove the Savage She-Hulk issues for now.....Hopefully that is a happier middle-ground. :) I will try to go back and separate out more sets in the future (purist/completist), but for now I am just trying to make more titles available. Hopefully I won't step on too many toes in the process! :juggle:

Dearest Gemma,

You have done some interesting things but I would like to hopefully change your mind about what you have done to the poor old Howard The Duck Set. When you added Volume One (1976) I was ecstatic. I then asked you if Howard The Duck Pre-Volume One should have its own set or be put in the 1976 set. It was reasonable either way. But when you added Howard's guest appearances (She-Hulk, Bizarre Adventures) into this set I was flabbergasted. Howard's guest appearances are numerous and should be separated.

Some of the other guest appearances are:

Generation X - 20-23, 25

Daydreamers 1-3

Ghost Rider 81, 82

Man-Thing (1997) 5,6,7

Marvel Team Up 96

Marvel Tales 237

Spider-Man Team-Up 5

J2 11

Civil War: Choosing Sides 1A, 1B

Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness 2, 3

(not sure which ones are cameos and which ones are full stories)

Also, There is Howard the Duck Volume 2

and Howard the Duck Volume 3

Thanks for listening as I am Trapped in a Set I Never Made!

Wow! I just checked the Howard the Duck set after reading this and am left shaking my head in disappointment.

I'd like to request a simple straight forward Howard the Duck set which would include Howard the Duck #1-33 and Annual #1. No guest appearances, pre-appearances, and no seperate slots for price-variants.

I've made this same request in regards to the price variants being added seperately before and gave examples per PM how they were handled in previous sets.

I'm a big fan of the registry and appreciate the hard work that goes into it, but there is simply no consistancy to how these sets are formed.

I'd like to see straight sets first, then special request sets created seperately for those who ask, if this is the road the registry has decided to take.

Unfortunately this is my eternal dilemma with the registry...the dispute between purists and completists. I am really trying to accommodate both types of collectors without diluting the registry too much. Hopefully we will have custom sets available sometime next year :wishluck: and that might help the completists show off some of their collections the way they prefer. The only problem there is that these sets are not scored competitively, so I hope that will not discourage anyone!

I am working mostly off of the OSPG for creating these sets, so I am trying to keep them as "pure" as possible but still in-line with other sets currently in the registry. (i.e. with Howard the Duck, I started with the "pure" set but as the other appearances were requested, I referred to the OSPG for the other titles...I left out Crazy Magazine, too)

I will at least remove the Savage She-Hulk issues for now.....Hopefully that is a happier middle-ground. :) I will try to go back and separate out more sets in the future (purist/completist), but for now I am just trying to make more titles available. Hopefully I won't step on too many toes in the process! :juggle:

I'm not sure why there is a dilemma. The way the sets were being created in the past seemd to work just fine (Look at Godzilla, Eternals, Human Fly, Red Sonja, Spider-woman, Tarzan (Marvel), Shogun Warriors, Machine Man, Nova, Champions,etc.). All these sets were created without adding seperate slots for previous first appearances, 30 and 35 cent price variants, early guest appearances, etc.

I never really noticed any complaining about how these sets were arranged. The only debate I ever saw take place in regards to adding variants was the one recently involving the X-Men series. (shrug)

BTW: I think I'm both a purist and completist. I like to complete pure sets. :)

I have a question about one of the new sets added.

The Demon was added (thank you!), but it looks like the 1990 Version, issues 1-58 + annuals, rather than the 1972 version issues 1-16.

But when I entered 2 issues from the 1972 version, it accepted them. Should that have happened? Will there be a 1972 version?

Thank you for listening! It was great to even see it there!

Ms. Gemma, if there are no objections from other Cerebus collectors, I would love to see the one Cerebus set expanded to include the complete collection 1-300.

Hopefully I won't step on too many toes in the process! :juggle:

A tough position...perhaps this can be a future registry enhancement.

Please add Grimm's Fairy Tales to the list and my Gold Key Bronze Age horror list will more or less be where I need it.

Hey Gemma

I was wondering about adding a special set for the Fallen Son sketch covers? I'd like to be able to add/register my multple sketch covers.

Could you somehow create a special set for that particular issue and allow for multiple spots to register the issue multiple times?

Any type of response to my request would be appreciated.

Gemma,

Would it be possible to add the Marvel Spotlight #nn to the Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born set? Thanks. :)

I was wondering the same thing about Marvel Spotlight #nn: World War Hulk for when the World War Hulk set is created.

I just wanted to bring this up again.

• Administrator

Unfortunately under the current system this is not possible, but as soon as the custom sets are available (sometime next year....) you will be able to do this and display any comics you choose.

This was my original post on 8/22:

Requesting:

Top Comics (K.K. Publications)

Wyatt Earp - at least the Dell photo cover series

I see that Top Comics in on the list to be added but I don't see Wyatt Earp. The one I'm looking for is Wyatt Earp, Hugh O'Brian Famous Marshall from Dell.

Just wanted to re-mention this before you got to the bottom of the list.

Thanks

Maybe I should reframe my request on the Avengers and just ask for two new sets:

Avengers 251-402, 500-503, Avengers Finale, and Annuals 14-23 (with alternate covers)

Avengers Volume 2 1-13 (with alternate covers)

• Administrator

Yes! I just added an Avengers #1-402 set, and I am working on others from the list on page 1. I will definitely have that list done by the end of the year!

Here is list #3 of sets that have been requested and will be added:

Marvel Mystery Comics (stand-alone set)

Captain America Comics (stand-alone set)

Justice

America's Best Comics

Wonder Comics

Uncle Sam Quarterly

Heroic Comics

Highlander

Death: Time of Your Life

Outsiders (current series)

Birds of Prey

Adventures of Superman

Superman (80's series)

Legion of Super-Heroes

Nightwing

Power Man and Iron Fist

JLA

Munsters (1965 Gold Key)

Batman #401-500

Nick Fury

Black Terror

Fighting Yank

Cowboy Love

Exciting Romances

Life Story

Love Memories

Love Mystery

A Moon, A Girl...Romance

Romantic Western

Saddle Romances

Sweetheart Diary

Sweethearts

True Confidences

True Stories of Romance

True Sweetheart Secrets

Wagon Train

Sgt. Bilko

Human Torch (1970s)

Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

Thor (Vol. 2)

Venom, Lethal Protector (all variants)

Robocop (1990)

Super-Villain Team-Up

Man of Steel

Young Men

Men's Adventures

Savage Tales (2007)

Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom

Beware the Creeper

Arrgh!

Meet Corliss Archer

Wyatt Earp

Leading Comics

Friendly Ghost Casper

Grimm's Fairy Tales

Marvel Fanfare

Thor (#337-382 Walt Simonson)

New Mutants (#86-100 Rob Liefield)

Incredible Hulk (#330-346 Todd McFarlane)

Daredevil (#227-233 Frank Miller)

:insane:

(BTW-I have excluded sets that only contain 1 book)

:gossip:

**Also you don't have to repeat your requests in this thread as I will constantly scan it to make sure that I have not overlooked anything. I am periodically fulfilling the expansion and addition requests and will try to get to all of them in a timely fashion. (i.e.- I am adding Marvel Spotlight to the Dark Tower set today... :) )**