• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE LIST - and a new request thread to follow

653 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have what I believe to be a small request. Would it be possible to add the Whitman variants to the Turok Son of Stone list?

As far as I know, these issues have the variants:

#86-125, If you know something more, please let me know.

Thanks

Turokhunter

PS: Thanks for adding Turok Son of Stone!

Do you think it would be feasible to include both of them Sterling? I have jotted down notes on when the issues were, but I think that many of them were concurrent. Or at least in the same general time frame. I need to go look on comics.org to see

So, we have already started a trend in terms of comic format collectors in the registry: the 80 Page Giants and the 100 Pagers (made famous by greggy of course).

My opinion: We need the following sets:

• Giant set (64 pages)
  • Dollar Comics set
  • DC Blue Digests set
  • 48/52 Pager set

That should satisfy 98% of the "format" collectors for DC comics imho. Even if there is some overlap--that is ok...as some may prefer one format over another in terms of collectibility.

I have an easy request,how about adding the Marvel spotlight to the Marvel Zombies set as well? Thanks bunches! :)

Thank you Gemma........ :foryou:

I don't understand this addition. If we are going to go all out, then folks are going to request all appearances of "Marvel Zombies" such as in UFF...what about Army of Darkness and MZ2? This is going to get out of hand.

I have an easy request,how about adding the Marvel spotlight to the Marvel Zombies set as well? Thanks bunches! :)

I don't understand this addition. If we are going to go all out, then folks are going to request all appearances of "Marvel Zombies" such as in UFF...what about Army of Darkness and MZ2? This is going to get out of hand.

I dont think so,the spotlights are directly related whereas a crossover is not.

Gemma, can you please add the following sets (if they haven't been mentioned already)? I've broken the list into 2 categories (Important, and somewhat important):

Important:

All Winners Comics

America's Best Comics

Black Terror

Blonde Phantom

Captain America Comics

Ka'a'nga Comics

Marvel Mystery Comics

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle

Strange Worlds

Terrifying Tales

Terrors of the Jungle

Somewhat Important:

Authentic Police Cases

Blackstone, the Magician

Brenda Starr

Buccaneers

Cow Puncher

Crime Reporter

Eerie

Hedy De Vine Comics

Junior Miss

Liberty Meadows

My Confession

Oscar Comics

Patsy Walker

Rusty Comics

The Saint

Slave Girl Comics

Son of Sinbad

Space Detective

Strange Mysteries

Sunny, America's Sweetheart

Wambi, Jungle Boy

Witches Tales

Sorry for the long list, and thank you for your hard work! (thumbs u

Yes! I just added an Avengers #1-402 set, and I am working on others from the list on page 1. I will definitely have that list done by the end of the year!

Here is list #3 of sets that have been requested and will be added:

Marvel Mystery Comics (stand-alone set)

Captain America Comics (stand-alone set)

Justice

America's Best Comics

Wonder Comics

Uncle Sam Quarterly

Heroic Comics

Highlander

Death: Time of Your Life

Outsiders (current series)

Birds of Prey

Adventures of Superman

Superman (80's series)

Legion of Super-Heroes

Nightwing

Power Man and Iron Fist

JLA

Munsters (1965 Gold Key)

Batman #401-500

Nick Fury

Black Terror

Fighting Yank

Cowboy Love

Exciting Romances

Life Story

Love Memories

Love Mystery

A Moon, A Girl...Romance

Romantic Western

Saddle Romances

Sweetheart Diary

Sweethearts

True Confidences

True Stories of Romance

True Sweetheart Secrets

Wagon Train

Sgt. Bilko

Human Torch (1970s)

Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

Thor (Vol. 2)

Venom, Lethal Protector (all variants)

Robocop (1990)

Super-Villain Team-Up

Man of Steel

Young Men

Men's Adventures

Savage Tales (2007)

Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom

Beware the Creeper

Arrgh!

Meet Corliss Archer

Wyatt Earp

Leading Comics

Friendly Ghost Casper

Grimm's Fairy Tales

Marvel Fanfare

Thor (#337-382 Walt Simonson)

New Mutants (#86-100 Rob Liefield)

Incredible Hulk (#330-346 Todd McFarlane)

Daredevil (#227-233 Frank Miller)

Gemma - Thanks a bunch for adding Wonder Comics and Big 3. I was able to add my first sets today. My other wants are listed with the others above.

I would like National Comics added also to the list if possible.

Thanks again!

Some folks don't care about different titles that may or may not be directly related...some are collecting a particular title. So, based on your collecting goals--the addition could be considered a nuisance. For example, I've got price variants in some of the sets. I couldn't care less about price variants, but if I want 100% completion...I have to get them.

Some folks don't care about different titles that may or may not be directly related...some are collecting a particular title. So, based on your collecting goals--the addition could be considered a nuisance. For example, I've got price variants in some of the sets. I couldn't care less about price variants, but if I want 100% completion...I have to get them.

Something I stil cannot stand. Unfortunately for me, even though I'm a completist by nature, I will have sets that will likely never be 100% because of this.

Something I stil cannot stand. Unfortunately for me, even though I'm a completist by nature, I will have sets that will likely never be 100% because of this.

Keeps you on your "collecting" toes! :banana:

Wonder how come Armydoc didn't get this kinda attention with the exact same request on a different set........ :baiting:

OK, the precedence was set with the Dark Tower set. The reason I think it wasn't a problem there is that is a self contained set within a specific genre with no "cross over" stuff. I can understand where people are coming from on this issue though and I agree, it probably never should've been added. Plus, I don't think many people give a about the Dark Tower comics where as the Marvel Zombie set's a little more hi viz. Plus, they just don't like you as much as me :baiting:lol

OK, the precedence was set with the Dark Tower set. The reason I think it wasn't a problem there is that is a self contained set within a specific genre with no "cross over" stuff. I can understand where people are coming from on this issue though and I agree, it probably never should've been added. Plus, I don't think many people give a about the Dark Tower comics where as the Marvel Zombie set's a little more hi viz. Plus, they just don't like you as much as me :baiting:lol

(tsk)lol:devil: