• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Addict's Confessional Room

361 posts in this topic

I do not have a problem. I only do it for enjoyment and I can quit any time I want to quit.

Hey Doc,

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Good luck in your

recovery. (thumbs u

Problem? What problem?

My "confessional room" will be with my psychologist in December, as my addicting personality needs to be understood so I can attempt to control it.

I love comics, but they have a hold on me. Sad.

First available appointment? If you need help, I'll take them off your hands.

I'll admit it that I'm addicted to these little gems and I used

to hide money and definitely hide purchases from my

better half. I've gotten better over the last few months with

less purchases that would usually stretch my funds.

It's not my fault, I have an addictive personality. (shrug)

Only kidding Doc, I'm sure you don't have a problem. :sorry:

:foryou:

My "confessional room" will be with my psychologist in December, as my addicting personality needs to be understood so I can attempt to control it.

My wife would love that. Just pay full market value so I can pay off the house, and I think I'll be set. :foryou:

I'll admit it that I'm addicted to these little gems and I used

to hide money and definitely hide purchases from my

better half. I've gotten better over the last few months with

less purchases that would usually stretch my funds.

It's not my fault, I have an addictive personality. (shrug)

Only kidding Doc, I'm sure you don't have a problem. :sorry:

:foryou:

Now is not a good time to stop! :gossip:

My wife would love that. Just pay full market value so I can pay off the house, and I think I'll be set. :foryou:

Secrets of Sinister House #5 in 9.4-9.6 :wishluck:

I think part of what helps me with keeping things above the table with my wife is twofold: 1. we both get a monthly allowance to spend as we see fit and 2. she has a taste for J.Crew clothing which can be quite expensive so while I might spend my allowance on expensive comics (which I know she finds silly), she'll pay $75 for a sweater (which I find silly). All works out in the end.

I think part of what helps me with keeping things above the table with my wife is twofold: 1. we both get a monthly allowance to spend as we see fit and 2. she has a taste for J.Crew clothing which can be quite expensive so while I might spend my allowance on expensive comics (which I know she finds silly), she'll pay $75 for a sweater (which I find silly). All works out in the end.

I wish I could get a monthly allowance :luhv:...then I wouldn't have to sneak :shy:

Maaaaaybe that's something you and your new bride should hash out? This way, you can spend the money HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE but it's still within the greater realm of responsibility so she can feel good about it as well.

I'm not trying to dictate how you should run your marriage, OBVIOUSLY, but this little method has really worked well for my wife and I. :)