• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
21 21

3,936 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2024 at 2:47 PM, RedGiant said:

My Blue Ribbon complete run journey began two years ago at SDCC, finally acquired a nice upgrade of #14 thanks to @sagii - some glare at the top from scanner, might need to get this reholdered as the old slab doesn't do the book it's full justice (no pun intended).  Thanks again Corey.  This has been the toughest issue for me to find, in two years of constant scouring and bugging people, the best copy I've seen come up was a 2.0 brittle.  Only person I know with a nicer copy is @MrBedrock although I'm guessing @Comcav likely has a nicer copy as well.  Such a tough book in nice shape.  I have seen two or three 'full runs' come to market in the last two years, this book has either been missing entirely or not in the best shape.  Super excited for this one.

2024-07-26-00022.thumb.jpg.9bb9828b51f80f713f80ea551c6befb6.jpg

My pleasure Mark, you undoubtedly should have the best set of the run in the hobby! 

Was in my collection for YEARS, time for a new appreciative home. :foryou:

That was a tough run to put together back in the early 2000s. I tried but was still missing about five of them and gave up to focus more on Top Notch which I was able to complete and then like a fool sold most everything off. Hang on to that run. My favorite cover is 7.

On 8/13/2024 at 9:34 AM, The Black Hand ® said:

That was a tough run to put together back in the early 2000s. I tried but was still missing about five of them and gave up to focus more on Top Notch which I was able to complete and then like a fool sold most everything off. Hang on to that run. My favorite cover is 7.

Wish I still had this one ...

BR7Slabbed.jpg

On 8/13/2024 at 5:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Wish I still had this one ...

BR7Slabbed.jpg

Incredible copy. Believe another boardie still owns it. So many great covers in the run, of course I’m biased. 21 is tops for me, 17 is a close 2nd. Then a bunch of the others are harder to rank as 9+ are all pretty fun, push comes to shove 13 and 19 are probably tied for 3rd for me. 

On 8/10/2024 at 8:21 AM, RedGiant said:

2 years since I started putting this run together. Updated Blue Ribbon group shot.

blueribbonsmallposter5.thumb.jpg.1fb48c973d96fee2ca34874a691ded6c.jpg

Such an awsome run! So hard to put together. I’m mostly just after the Mr Justice run. And, I’m still a few short. Just never see them anymore.

But, your run is still incomplete without this…:baiting:

IMG_9354.jpeg

On 8/14/2024 at 8:21 AM, Robot Man said:

Such an awsome run! So hard to put together. I’m mostly just after the Mr Justice run. And, I’m still a few short. Just never see them anymore.

But, your run is still incomplete without this…:baiting:

IMG_9354.jpeg

Thanks. And true. I do have some other fun blue ribbon stuff that isn’t slabbed, but I don’t have a rang-a-tang button. 

On 8/14/2024 at 8:59 AM, RedGiant said:

Thanks. And true. I do have some other fun blue ribbon stuff that isn’t slabbed, but I don’t have a rang-a-tang button. 

I do happen to have a very nice dupe of it. Would be happy to consider it in a trade for a lower grade #14 or #21 Blue Ribbon…