• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2023 at 11:41 PM, Susanville said:

A Laugh and a Pep...

B533452D-EB53-4FF3-AF9A-AEFDE3C8A45B_1_1

83301AB7-B8DD-4539-A973-88BD4F6B4220_1_1

A few things these covers always brought to mind:  1, why did Veronica wear stiletto heels if she was going to play tennis?  2.  Why are those two women sitting together like that in the dentist office? and why does the dental assistant seem to be offering Archie a "girlie" magazine?

On 4/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Well, got lucky with the Hangman 4. Anybody got a coverless Jackpot 9? 

5376E5AC-F990-4B97-A612-A52B7A085FBB.jpeg

No, but I was surprised to see this wwcomics Jackpot #9 sell instantly for $1200 the other day. I always thought Jackpot was towards the back of the pack in terms of collector interest. 

https://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=JackpotComics_9_76784

On 5/5/2023 at 10:58 PM, RedGiant said:

Great fun indeed. Congrats on the Pep pick up. 

Thanks Mark! I got a Blue Ribbon as well -- figured I'd wait to post that one until it's here. Any scores on your end?

On 5/5/2023 at 8:03 PM, Point Five said:

Thanks Mark! I got a Blue Ribbon as well -- figured I'd wait to post that one until it's here. Any scores on your end?

Congrats Jon. 19🤷‍♂️ Somehow that one slipped through my fingers. I managed to wrangle up some wins last night including the Blue Ribbon 22, completing my run, so very excited about that. 

On 5/5/2023 at 11:16 PM, RedGiant said:

Congrats Jon. 19🤷‍♂️ Somehow that one slipped through my fingers. I managed to wrangle up some wins last night including the Blue Ribbon 22, completing my run, so very excited about that. 

Fantastic! BIG congrats on finishing the run! :applause:

Yep, I won the BR #19. Crazy but it’s something of a grail for me. Such a bizarre, surreal cover.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, Electron said:

Spot on P5, that auction was chock full of fantastic stuff! Incredible to see so many hard to find MLJ's all at once. Nice pick up on the Pep 18, I love that cover as well. My copy happens to be raw and you're right, the Madam Satan story is very cool! 

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

Niiiice!  (worship)