• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I tried putting together a complete Blue Ribbon run in the early 2000's but ended up missing about five of them. I was able to do a complete Top Notch run along with TN Laugh and Laugh Comix and then Suzie for the first 20 issues or so. That was tough, even back then, but doable.

As far as Blue Ribbon goes, the reason I couldn't complete it back then was because I was too cheap to pay for higher grade copies of the issue I was missing.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:05 AM, The Black Hand ® said:

I tried putting together a complete Blue Ribbon run in the early 2000's but ended up missing about five of them. I was able to do a complete Top Notch run along with TN Laugh and Laugh Comix and then Suzie for the first 20 issues or so. That was tough, even back then, but doable.

As far as Blue Ribbon goes, the reason I couldn't complete it back then was because I was too cheap to pay for higher grade copies of the issue I was missing.

I can only dream of being able to 'overpay' for these in the early 2000s compared to what I'm paying for them in 2023.  Congrats on almost finishing and congrats on finishing up the Top Notch run, that one is tough too.

On 8/10/2023 at 1:45 AM, Spyder! said:

Don’t think I ever posted this one here. Picked this one up raw at the first Collector’s Summit last year in Bellevue. It was falling apart. I sent it to Kenny who did amazing work on it. This is my favorite Zip. 

IMG_2698.jpeg

We should look that good at eighty plus years (thumbsu

On 8/10/2023 at 1:45 AM, Spyder! said:

Don’t think I ever posted this one here. Picked this one up raw at the first Collector’s Summit last year in Bellevue. It was falling apart. I sent it to Kenny who did amazing work on it. This is my favorite Zip. 

IMG_2698.jpeg

Thats a nice looking funny book!