• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,923 posts in this topic

I picked this one up recently. It will be on it's way to CGC soon.

archie15-f.jpg

The way Archie's face was drawn in those first 20 issues and the rendering of Betty and Veronica maturing with each succeeding issue, especially on the cover of the 8, certainly makes it a great series and congratulations!

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I didn't want to start a new one. What Archie archives/collections would you recommend for someone who is mostly interested in reading stories from the '40s and '50s but certainly wouldn't mind reading some later ones as well. I was looking at the Archie 1000 page Comic Digest coming out in June, but couldn't find a listing of contents. I was also considering the hardcover Archie Archives but they've gotten a lot of mixed reviews. I got hooked after a volume of Archie Americana Best of the '40s, and would love to read more.