• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Hey Steve, very cool indeed. Always amazing things like this survive.

This piqued my curiosity a bit. Looks like Archie was about to settle into a nice radio spot for a number of years. According to myoldradio.com, Archie began on the Blue Network radio system on May 31, 1943 (see Pep 42 cover?), switched to the Mutual Broadcasting System in 1944, and then continued on NBC from 1945 until September 5, 1953.

And I have to admit I'd never heard the phrase "Eastern War Time" before.

F%@$%@$^#!!! I really thought I was about to fill a long time hole, and since I can only imagine that one of you got it, I am choosing to post my bi%ch session here. I have been on the hunt for that Jolly Jingles 12 for 20+ years! I really thought $110 was gonna take it - particularly after the seller listed the publisher as MLT and it sat at 20 bucks for the entire auction. Actively seeking this issue if anyone else had a dupe!

Enjoy it, whoever you are! :frustrated:

F%@$%@$^#!!! I really thought I was about to fill a long time hole, and since I can only imagine that one of you got it, I am choosing to post my bi%ch session here. I have been on the hunt for that Jolly Jingles 12 for 20+ years! I really thought $110 was gonna take it - particularly after the seller listed the publisher as MLT and it sat at 20 bucks for the entire auction. Actively seeking this issue if anyone else had a dupe!

I didn't even see that one.

I have a few issues but not that one. The second I saw it was a Hitler cover, I figured it was a tough one to get. As if Jolly Jingles issues aren't hard enough to find as it is.

Jolly Jingles 12

I have a few issues but not that one. The second I saw it was a Hitler cover, I figured it was a tough one to get. As if Jolly Jingles issues aren't hard enough to find as it is.

Jolly Jingles 12

Yeah all I ever see is 15 and sometimes16, which I have along with all the others and all the Jackpot books. I was finally hoping to put this run to bed. I should have just put something insane in like $500. Was just pissed at myself.

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

Jolly Jingles 12

Yeah all I ever see is 15 and sometimes16, which I have along with all the others and all the Jackpot books. I was finally hoping to put this run to bed. I should have just put something insane in like $500. Was just pissed at myself.

I've done my share of insane snipe bids for books I rarely see for sale. Luckily I've never had one actually close at too insane an amount.

I sent this email to Matt Nelson this morning...

Dear Jackpot #4,

How are you? Are you healing ok? I feel like it's been ages since I held you and I miss you so much. A lot has happened since January. I skied Whistler, I went to the Canaries for a press event, Virginia and I threw another big party to celebrate our wedding in March, we honeymoon'd in Sonoma in May, and we've been trying to take as many weekends in Maine as possible. I've also been traveling extensively for work -- and clearly have little free time. :o) Puppy is much bigger now, and I know she will be happy to see you again. She misses your smell and, well, so do I. Anyway, I know that Kenny and Matt have been taking good care of you, but I am anxious to see you again. You will be coming home to many new friends … I've adopted roughly 400 more GA books since you left, but don't worry, I have a special and secure place saved just for you!

Till we meet again!

Love and Kisses,

Andrew

I sent this email to Matt Nelson this morning...

Dear Jackpot #4,

How are you? Are you healing ok? I feel like it's been ages since I held you and I miss you so much. A lot has happened since January. I skied Whistler, I went to the Canaries for a press event, Virginia and I threw another big party to celebrate our wedding in March, we honeymoon'd in Sonoma in May, and we've been trying to take as many weekends in Maine as possible. I've also been traveling extensively for work -- and clearly have little free time. :o) Puppy is much bigger now, and I know she will be happy to see you again. She misses your smell and, well, so do I. Anyway, I know that Kenny and Matt have been taking good care of you, but I am anxious to see you again. You will be coming home to many new friends … I've adopted roughly 400 more GA books since you left, but don't worry, I have a special and secure place saved just for you!

Till we meet again!

Love and Kisses,

Andrew

I take it his TATs are a tad slow. :D

Didn't have a whole lot of time at the show yesterday, but got to spend about 2 hours walking the floor. Picked up 2 peps I needed (sorry for the scanner glare).

NYCCPeps_zpsf6603c55.jpg

Saw some very cool high grade Archie and MLJ floating around. Here's one of my faves ....

Pep35_zps1c2f156f.jpeg

Also, not sure if anyone needs one, but Ted from Super World was selling an Archie 4 for his friend. I have a nice copy already but if I didn't I'd have grabbed it. Think he wanted 7k, but super negotiable.

Archie4_zpsa8b288b7.jpeg

It was part of an auction preview, comic-connect, iirc.