• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Just in.Finally the first Hangman is all mine. :cloud9:

IMG_20130327_0001_zps6217926c.jpg

:applause:

Nice work by George Storm but Hangman got even better when Fuje took over.

2878975093_df250a0131_o.jpg

2453262866_80455e0231_o.jpg

I think the first scan is from my copy and the second is from Comics Plus.

I have a LIBERTY COMICS Issue #10 that has three HANGMAN stories

by Fuje from 1945. (Inside is printed Vol. 2 No. 1)

mm

8703595307_91b42d9bee_z.jpg

Does it have this nifty story from Hangman 8? What about the Hangman Puzzle?

8704718750_6ef832189b_c.jpg

scans from Comic plus

Yes...it has Special Case #25...#26...& #27 plus two "BOY BUDDIES"

But no HANGMAN's PUZZLE...it does have a WORLD WONDERS page.

8703639221_98741f4514.jpg

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

I liberated this book from a PGX slab (was 5.0). I was pretty nervous about buying a major book in a PGX slab for fear of hidden restoration or significant over-grading. I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out.

arch3h.jpg

That's a nice looking copy! What's it look like after liberation?

This is true, and always been my dilemma -- as a collector I sometimes wonder what the point is. I know CGC'd books command higher prices when selling them, but from a collection standpoint they take up a lot more room and I can't open the books. At the same time, I read many of them when I was a kid and these days they pretty much just enjoy one another's company with the rest of my collection. I also think it's fun to see how some of them grade. I mean, I have my suspicions but it's cool when you get the validation. Maybe I should just send in some high grade keys like the Archie and Pep 1 ... and this pretty little thing

Pep17_zps4d9b6062.jpg

This is true, and always been my dilemma -- as a collector I sometimes wonder what the point is. I know CGC'd books command higher prices when selling them, but from a collection standpoint they take up a lot more room and I can't open the books. At the same time, I read many of them when I was a kid and these days they pretty much just enjoy one another's company with the rest of my collection. I also think it's fun to see how some of them grade. I mean, I have my suspicions but it's cool when you get the validation. Maybe I should just send in some high grade keys like the Archie and Pep 1 ... and this pretty little thing

Pep17_zps4d9b6062.jpg

Just send that one to me and I'll let you know what I grade it...