• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Yeah, The guy at the booth said he wouldn't be surprised if it brought $36,000. I think he might be overshooting a little.

I just finished reading the Afterlife with Archie thread in modern. It sounds like Afterlife might be creating even more Archie fans. Maybe the increased interest in Archie books could drive such a boost to prices.

So I'm not saying that I needed that 3rd copy of Archie 11 that I bought on eBay this morning ... but I'm pretty sure that I didn't not need it. :screwy:

I know you're all far from acutely aware of what I don't mean to not impart incorrectly.

Pictures or it didn't happen. :sumo:

So I'm not saying that I needed that 3rd copy of Archie 11 that I bought on eBay this morning ... but I'm pretty sure that I didn't not need it. :screwy:

I know you're all far from acutely aware of what I don't mean to not impart incorrectly.

Ha. Fair enough.

Link to today's purchase

And since I'm not in a place to scan or take a pic right now, count up in my photo from a few months back and you'll see the 11's on top of one another.

ArchieFullRun_zpsd5c5b7d6.jpg

Ha. Fair enough.

Link to today's purchase

And since I'm not in a place to scan or take a pic right now, count up in my photo from a few months back and you'll see the 11's on top of one another.

ArchieFullRun_zpsd5c5b7d6.jpg

Oh good lord! :o(worship)

Very very nice!

I was putting the new #11 away today and it occurred to me that I used to have another #7 as well but sold it to Archie in 1990 when they were creating the Americana series. Also helped them locate a #1 cause I was unwilling to part with my copies ... pretty sure the #1 was VF and selling for like 2,500 at the time. Sure wish I'd had more cash back then but I was only 16. Anyway, I remember asking Scott Fulop what they would do with the book when they were done and he told me that in order to make this first edition they would have to take the books apart, work with the coloring and basically destroy them. Sad thing is by best of the 50's or 60's they had changed the process and didn't have to trash the books anymore.

Sad to think GA Archies had to die to create this book, but I still have my memento.

Americana1_zps9aeaad28.jpeg

Americana2_zpsd47b71d7.jpeg

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

This thread has been slowly sinking into the depths of the forum … but I'm pretty sure we're all still buying MLJs. How about some scans of recent acquisitions? I'll start …

Picked this up last Thursday on eBay for $125. Pages are cream with some light tanning on the edges, back cover has a weird tear at the bottom and some stain on the edge, but the cover is attached and the book presents really well. I'm pleased with the purchase!

SW6a_zpscfb0bf75.jpg

SW6b_zps823fbaea.jpg