• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Picked this up the other day for really cheap. Incomplete (only has about 5 wraps), but I was still happy to find it!

IMG_4070_zps3ea6ec3a.jpg[/url]

Those early Archie double splash pages were pretty spectacular! Too bad they didn't keep that up longer.

I know it's silly, but this book sold for a lot less than I expected based on recent sales of F or better Archie/MLJ's! Not complaining of course as I am the buyer!

Pep 58

Maybe I should put it back up for sale on eBay when it arrives and set a BIN of $2000. That's how you do it right? :makepoint:

I know it's silly, but this book sold for a lot less than I expected based on recent sales of F or better Archie/MLJ's! Not complaining of course as I am the buyer!

Pep 58

Maybe I should put it back up for sale on eBay when it arrives and set a BIN of $2000. That's how you do it right? :makepoint:

That's totally how you do it lol

Pep 58

That's totally how you do it lol

It's getting so silly now. You know who, among a growing contingent of others, is moving his $100 slabbed books from the last asking price of $1,000 to $2,400. Who knows, maybe he read the article on Vince Z and decided it was time to re-price them all.

Maybe I have this all wrong ... maybe we should all multiply by 10-20 and set the market. Anyone interested in my copy of Archie #368, only $17,500 dollars? I'll throw in a Super-Rare-Scare-Impossible-to-Find copy of Betty and Me #197.

Ok, rant's over. Oh look at my pretty Pep 10.

Pep10_zps04315457.jpg

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

Here it is, it the flesh ... or pulp.

Archie2_zps172c6e78.jpg

Now if someone could just teach me how to get a good scan or pic of a slab that'd be awesome. With no flash, I get reflection and it's dark. With a flash I get a glare spot. With a scan, and I have a killer scanner, I always feels like it gets the case real well but the book looks like it's fuzzy and in the background.

Not that I guess I really care, but it's nice for showing things on the forums.