• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

These are great! For me the run really comes to life when the Black Hood takes over. I've got three of those mid-to-late issues, which I'll post when you're done... picking these up on the relatively-cheap when I can.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:51 AM, Point Five said:

These are great! For me the run really comes to life when the Black Hood takes over. I've got three of those mid-to-late issues, which I'll post when you're done... picking these up on the relatively-cheap when I can.

The problem now is finding them cheap! lol

On 7/21/2021 at 4:09 PM, Mutie Fan said:

Well, that's all of them lol. 

Fantastic!  :applause:

Agreed, they certainly aren't 'cheap' anymore. I just mean affordable relative to (say) the Zips and Peps from the same period.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:11 PM, Point Five said:

Fantastic!  :applause:

Agreed, they certainly aren't 'cheap' anymore. I just mean affordable relative to (say) the Zips and Peps from the same period.

Absolutely. My first MLJ was that Pep 9. Its also my only Pep lol, they are pricy!

On 7/21/2021 at 6:20 AM, sagii said:

The pre Black Hood Top-Notch Comics  Wizard covers are underrated, some real gems in there 

Agreed. I feel the same way about the pre Mr. Justice Blue Ribbons. 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, Point Five said:

Here are my #16 and #25. The cover on #16 is a riot; I love the beastie in the lower left chomping on him! lol  I've got a po'boy #15 as well but don't seem to have it scanned.

topnotch16.jpg.497f6ab4ea73084d801c5e434bc137da.jpg

topnotch25.thumb.jpg.e2248f2f410cea2519f346cd4b206eb3.jpg

No 16 is beast! Love these @Point Five

Great shout out to @Mutie Fan for bringing the thread back in a big way