• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, sagii said:

One of my favorite covers ever! Not obvious that it's a train cover at first ever glance 

Very true. Theres just so much going in in the center of the image.

On 7/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, sagii said:

If the last HA auction was Timely heavy, MLJ's certainly takes the baton in this one :ohnoez:

On 7/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, Mutie Fan said:

I noticed that myself lol. 

Umm... yeah.   I can shed some light on that now that I have some time to spare. The short story is that the "lost" portion of the famed Pinnacle Hill collection surfaced here in Rochester, NY a few months ago.  The majority of these newly discovered books consist of a complete MLJ collection, minus Pep #22 and Archie #1 (previous sold via Heritage in 2010/2011).

Roughly half of the 214 MLJ books have been graded and returned from CGC and there is a chance all will be ready in time for the September Signature auction.  If anyone cares to see some choice issues, I have photos of all of these books in their raw glory :-)

So if anyone has been waiting to fill a few gaps in their MLJ runs, start saving those shekles!

On 7/23/2021 at 1:49 AM, AlphaOmega said:

Umm... yeah.   I can shed some light on that now that I have some time to spare. The short story is that the "lost" portion of the famed Pinnacle Hill collection surfaced here in Rochester, NY a few months ago.  The majority of these newly discovered books consist of a complete MLJ collection, minus Pep #22 and Archie #1 (previous sold via Heritage in 2010/2011).

Roughly half of the 214 MLJ books have been graded and returned from CGC and there is a chance all will be ready in time for the September Signature auction.  If anyone cares to see some choice issues, I have photos of all of these books in their raw glory :-)

So if anyone has been waiting to fill a few gaps in their MLJ runs, start saving those shekles!

Great info, thanks for sharing. 

I'm sure the faithful here would love to see the photos if you want to share :applause:

I'll post the Jackpot run so everyone can get a taste of the overall condition as well as see some not-often viewed covers. Note that the owner purchased some of his books off of the news stand (he was 92 when he passed away in 2020) but many were bought second hand so condition varies. He took good care of them and had them in binders since the 1970's. Gloss is unreal on most of these books!

IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.03d0f032cb40b6b8172b7e59557effb6.JPG