• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2022 at 12:45 AM, Westy Steve said:

Picked up this Jughead. So much cleavage for an early book and innuendo too!

10790473-01E0-4E27-8B4C-CB4211A880EF.jpeg

Great book! George Frese is so under rated and hardly ever mentioned. Such a short career, but that is pretty much a perfect comic book cover for an Archie title. 

On 11/4/2022 at 12:50 AM, Prince Namor said:

Great book! George Frese is so under rated and hardly ever mentioned. Such a short career, but that is pretty much a perfect comic book cover for an Archie title. 

I agree. When I found this book, I looked up the artist to see what else he did. I really wonder if there was miscommunication regarding the type of character Betty is/was supposed to be and there was no time to redo it. She is Forward, yes, but she mostly always dressed conservatively, although she could make a sweater scream in pain. 

Edited by Westy Steve

On 12/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, RedGiant said:

The past few months I've had a lot of fun trying to complete the full Blue Ribbon run, only 4 more issues to go.  

blueribbon3.thumb.jpg.8288b35cbaecf4b475a64e749cc35c63.jpg

I never could complete the run. For some reason I couldn't find an 8 or 11. Every other one was easy at the time. Favorite cover of the run was 7.

On 12/17/2022 at 5:26 AM, The Black Hand ® said:

I never could complete the run. For some reason I couldn't find an 8 or 11. Every other one was easy at the time. Favorite cover of the run was 7.

The reason is likely because 8 and 11 are both incredibly difficult issues, many are. Impressive you found all the others.